1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I seem to attract a particular type of people well guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I think this guy I'm talking to (as friends) is trying to feel me out and see if I'm gay or straight. That's cool. Idc, but I'm just going to tell him I'm straight because I think he likes me and the feeling isn't mutual. Hopefully that isn't a mean thing to do but for now that's how I'm going to handle the situation.

Anyhoo. The guys who seem to have the courage to say something to me because they like me, are trying to figure me out, or might like me seem to be kind of manipulative sometimes and they don't necessarily seem mean but like... I feel like I need to watch my back or be more aware of them. Ya know? And it's not that I'm feel threatened that they'll find out my "secret" I just feel like I need to be cautious of their personalities which doesn't happen with me often. Normally I trust at the drop of a dime.

It happened with my first boyfriend and now it's happening with this guy and it makes me wonder if it's normal to attract a certain type of guy and if I'm going to have a future attracting the attention of a lot of people like that in the future.

2. chow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just don't think you should reject him by lying that you are straight. It may create problems in the friendship later on.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, if you start dating another guy later on, are you gonna backtrack and say "Well, I only said that because I wouldn't be gay for YOU"? If he gets blatant with his "nosing", just tell him you're bi (or you think you're bi). And if he then hits on you (as you seem to think he'll do), you can just say you're not interested.

Lex