1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Gay or bisexual? I told my mom I was gay, and most days that fits well. But everyonce in a while a girl catches my eye, and i realize shes attractive....

But sexually speaking women don't do much for me....

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

There is a difference between noticing that a girl is attractive and actually being attracted to her.

If women don't arouse you, then you're gay.

I hope I understood you correctly.

3. Yeah, you did. Thanks

4. Sylver

You are what you are! Take a look at the Kinsey scale, and you'll see that there is a whole spectrum of sexuality. "Gay" and "bisexual" are just convenient (or inconvenient, some might argue) labels, but they don't adequately describe the spectrum.

Give yourself time - you will eventually learn where you fit on this spectrum. Chances are that you're quite gay if you're not sexually attracted to women, but it doesn't really matter. If you have a sexual attraction to guys, then it's safe to say that you're some ways up the Kinsey scale, and so you're not misleading anyone by telling them that you're gay.

5. I think gay is the right "label". But I don't really like labels. Oh well

6. chiboi15

I know--I totally feel you. I'm almost like always like guys guys guys guys and then once in a while I'll see a girl that turns me on.

So, it's a question of terminology of whether I say I'm gay or whether I say I'm bi. If I say I'm gay that implies I only like guys which is not quite true but if I say I'm bi that implies that I like both equally which isn't true either.

7. D_Alejandro

I wouldn't worry about it. I can look at a woman and appreciate her beauty and attractiveness. However, I am not sexually attracted to them whatsoever. It happens to a lot of people.

8. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Amen to that brother.
    I have the same problem where a lables dont realy fit and i am trying to find were I fit and everyday I get closer to knowing. So your not the only one m8