1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK this could be awkward, or funny, or both. . .

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chiboi15, Apr 27, 2010.

1. chiboi15

OK so I get a phone call from the wife of one of my out of state friends who I'm not out to yet; and--get this--as a married couple they want to go to a strip club (as in a straight strip club) and want to invite me along as a third wheel.:smilewave

And I have very little interest in going to a straight strip club--I'm busy checking out the other GUYS(!)(!) there, who of course happen to be straight!! :eusa_doh: And even though some of the girls are cute, it's just awwwkkkwaaarrrrdddd, as it's all about feeding them $$ and proving your heterosexuality (which of course is kind of awkward when you're 85-90% gay) to whatever entourage your with.

And I already tried to worm my way out of this trip but that doesn't seem to be an option. UUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! Thoughts?? Help?? Advice??? Laughter????? This couple is on the I'm going to come out to them but not yet plan and then this happens!!! And I haven't seen them in forever and they're trying to be nice and open, etc; but they have NNOOOOO idea how awkward they're unintentionally making me feel. Not just on the gay/straight thing but also on the whole they're married and I'm the third wheel.

And the ironic thing about all of this is that there's a gay strip club :icon_bigg there that I actually really really DO want to go to sometime and one of my friends from here and I are theoretically trying to plan a road trip to go.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are the two strip clubs nearby each other? Why not suggest going to both? Tell your female friend, "I don't see why we should only go look at girls taking their clothes off - that hardly sounds fair. Why don't we go to Hot Girlz for a couple hours, then head over to Hot Guyz afterwards? Then everybody can have something to ogle." If they suggest that they'd rather just go to Hot Girlz, you can be honest - "Well, honestly, I'd rather just go to Hot Guyz."

Lex

3. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Hahaha. Lex, you're a great advisor!

4. chiboi15

Except now Mrs. Friend calls me up on the phone this evening to have phone sex b/c apparently Mr. Friend isn't satisfying her in bed and I'm so NOT wanting to be that awkward third wheel!

Maybe I call him up and say hey get your wife off of me and/or not go on the trip b/c I am so NOT wanting to be dragged into whatever marital issues they have.

I was wanting to come out to Mrs. Friend and then eventually to Mr. Friend but now I'm getting that gut feeling that Mrs. Friend has some sort of agenda and I'm not liking it and of course Mr. Friend is really busy right now so I can't get ahold of him.

5. Markio

You could say no. And if they protest, you could say no. You could even say "it's out of the question."

Friends cannot make you do something that you do not want to do. If they are really your friends, they will trust you when you say that it is out of the question for you.

6. Spit Fire

Id say no, I mean if your not comfortable with it then don't go.

7. Jim1454

What kind of friends are these?!? I don't think you're the third wheel... I think her husband is! You need to clear the air here, because I'm wondering if it isn't a 'third wheel' but a 'three way' that they're looking for.

Don't go to a strip club if you don't want to go. I've managed to avoid it so far. I just don't like the idea of them at all - whether I'm straight or gay.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So why the trip to the strip club? Hoping it'll get Mr Friend's libido back in gear?

If a friend called me up asking for phone sex because he (or she) wasn't getting any, I'd just tell them to address the issue and stop looking for quick fixes. I'm more than happy to talk to them about things, but I'm not going to be their back-up plan. I'd tell Mrs Friend that whatever she might have planned for this visit may need to be revisited tout suite.

Lex