1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to meet guys.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drake86, Apr 29, 2010.

1. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can you please give me general advice on where to meet guys. Not gay bars. I am atracted to straighter men and not the femine type and I dont know where to start.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

It's right on the door - you can't get any clearer than that. :slight_smile:

I'm assuming you mean meet as in "get to know, befriend, maybe get into a relationship with" not "meet for sex". If so, the first thing I'd say to do is drop the "I'm not into femmes". Because you're out to meet more gay people, and everywhere there are gay people, there are bound to be effeminate gay people. To the best of my knowledge, there are no "Manly Man Only" gay clubs, and even if there were, I doubt if you'd want to see if you pass their initiation. Just go in with the idea that you're going to get to know some people. You won't be attracted to some, or even most, of them. That's a given even if they were all "straight-acting". So just keep an open mind for starters.

So, next question - where are the homosexuals? I don't know where they are in your area, but where I am, there's a "gay section". Not just gay clubs, though. Gay boutiques, galleries, coffee shops and whatnot. So swing by there and start some conversations - see what you come up with. Pick up the local gay newspaper (if there is one) and peruse the ads, or do a google search for "gay (your city) (activity)". See if there's something that piques your interest. A gay volunteer group? A biking club? A volleyball league?

Lex

3. someguy82

If you're not really into fem guys, the internet and social networking places are a good start, and then once you get to know someone just meet them for a cup of coffee in a friendly place and you'll be surprised. Even if it's just friends you start making connections. And masculine guys tend to hang out with other masculine guys so at least you're making connections.

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haven't you ever heard of bears?

5. HackmanWIU

being fat and harry doesn't constitute masculinity..