1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I hate this whole being single thing. Of my circle of friends I am the only one not dating anyone. Two of my best friends are dating eachother, and it sucks cuz I used to talk to my friend Lex about everything, but now if I try to talk to her about something it seems like she is disinterested. My friends have created my high school "bucket list" of things I have to do before I leave for college in August, and going on a real date with a guy is on there. So I got my hopes up cause everyone was really trying to find at least another gay guy who lived around me, but now that everyone is dating someone, Its like they've given up on it. I just dont know what to do but sometimes its almost unbearable to be around them because its a constant reminder that I dont get the experiences they do.

2. Glunn11

Hi nintenfreak :slight_smile:~

Although I feel unqualified to answer your question since I've actually never been on a date myself, I'm gonna take my best shot. I'm actually a senior who will be going off to college this fall myself, so I guess I can relate to you in that respect. In fact, I'm in a very similar situation to yours. Of course, my chances of finding a guy are virtually 0 where I am, so I don't even try :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, considering that there is a shot for you, here is my advice. Don't stress too much over it. I know it can be a burden if friends remind you of things that they do or pressure you into doing. Are you content being single right now in your life? Do you want someone to be hitched with for personal reasons or to feel more comfortable around your friends?

I think it's important to consider your justification for wanting to check this thing off your "bucket list." :wink: And, if you're not having fun doing it, your friends ought to be okay with that and include you just the same.

3. Gambit

Try to have fun your last weeks of highschool even if you are single. I dont think a boyfriend is necessary to have fun. If things dont work out to well in high school, dont worry. You're going to have a lot of fun in college (specially freshman year). Besides, in college you will be able to meet a lot of new people and a potential boyfriend(s). Don't worry too much about doing things before going college, you probably can do them in college. Also, if you decide to follow the "bucket list", make sure the list has things that will make you happy, not things that will make your friends happy.

4. MuFaSa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am starting to realize the more you want and look for someone to date the harder it is. yeah that sucks to hear, trust me, its harder to come to terms with. but from what im starting to see is that every decent relationship ive had have all come from me not looking and someone just appearing. i know that in a small area its hard to find someone gay, and even harder to find a decent guy. but never give up on finding someone. being single sucks yeah i know, but still. you dont need someone to make you happy.

and 2ndly. do not just go out on a date with someone just to be able to say you have gone out on a date. lol if that makes any sense. that gives them the wrong impression and there is no rush!! your 17 and you still have a life to live. so find something fun to do and i really think youll find that one guy that has alot in common with you that makes you feel wonderful

5. HalfInsane

I'm also going to graduate from high school soon and will be off to university in August. There's absolutely no dating opportunities for me here. With the exception of my ex I only know of two other lesbians in this town, and they're dating.

Yet, really... I don't care that much. I don't see the point in caring. Once you're out of high school, there's college and university, there's moving to a whole new city (for me, at least). There's ample opportunity to find someone. For now, for you and for myself, we've only got a little bit of time left in high school. Assuming you're moving, you're not going to see a lot of your friends anymore. Why not spend these last 3-4 months enjoying the last bit of high school, being with your friends, making some good memories? Dating can wait another few months :slight_smile:

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh hunny please don't go down this feeling bad...I'm 22 and still single. You're only 17 so don't be worrying okay? You'll find someone, just be patient.

7. donnie5

The only thing i can say is don't rush into the first relationship that presents itself just because your desperate. i was like that when i was your age and i dated the first guy that would have me and he pretty much completely emotional raped my soul and that's putting it lightly and ever since then i have lost a lot of my innocence and i am a very sarcastic cynical hate the world kind of person and i will always have trust issues for the rest of my life. so be careful please and save your self the grief

8. The reason I got so excited for the bucket list is because I want someone to care for me in that way. I dont want this date as just a check on a list, I want to be able to feel loved like that. I've had this feeling since my freshman year, so being told to just wait a few more months is heartwrenching.

9. dude99

dude99 Guest

thats a very good point. If you ever find someone I recommend you to take it slowly so you can get to know him.

10. Well now i feel like a freak... I started talking to a guy who i've heard is bi and i've had some classes with him and he kinda flirted with me. So i havent really talked to him since the start of the semester in December. Yeah... well now i feel like a freak and he prolly thinks i am one too... I just talked to him about some things and asked how he was and i got like one word answers... so yeah i feel stupid now.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I used to talk to my friend Lex about everything

Yeah, why you clam up on me, bro? :slight_smile:

And don't sweat what you did, because you did it right. You reached out, you tried to gauge if there was interest. There didn't appear to be any. That's cool. Move on. :slight_smile:

Lex