1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I always seem to fall for people where I always end up being hurt?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dude99, Apr 30, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Why do I always fall for people where I always end up being hurt? I cant remember the last time I fell for someone where I never did get hurt. All the times I can ever recall on me really falling for someone, even now and last year, and a few years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago and after getting to know them I always end up getting hurt. Anyone else have this problem.

#1 dude99, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  2. dude99

dude99 Guest

I guess not to get hurt is to ever try to fall for anyone else again. I am sick of it but its impossible for me to never fall for anyone.

3. Jim1454

I can't really answer your question. I think we all develop our social skills and our ability to be in good relationships at different speeds and at different times in our lives.

You're going to have a good relationship with someone when you have a good relationship with yourself. If you feel really good about yourself and you really feel like you have something to offer that person - THEN you're more likely to have a good relationship with them.

So... Keep working on you. Make sure you're as happy and confident and positive as you can be without being in a relationship. People like that are a magnet for other happy and confident and positive people.

And you're right - to guarantee never getting hurt again would require never trying to develop a relationship with anyone again. And I don't think that's a healthy or rewarding alternative.