1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgenttttt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Apr 30, 2010.

1. kizza111

a guy a few weeks ago came out to me, then later said he likes me, then LOVES. few days later, he's asked me out, but idk what to say! im not out, neither is he and we're both in secondary/high school so our relationship would basically be secret which could be quite difficult.... i just dk what to do, its the first guy to ask me and i dont rlly know how i'd feel, im nervous!

2. s5m1

First, take a deep breath. It is perfectly normal to be nervous. Even straight people get nervous when they are first asked out. I would not over-think this too much. If he seems like someone you might want to spend some time with, just say yes. Once you get to know him, maybe you will like him romantically, maybe just as a friend or maybe you will find you are not really compatible. The only way you will know is if you get to know him better. Don’t worry about the relationship part yet. Take it one step at a time.

I don’t see much of a problem with you both being closeted. Go to a movie, have dinner, grab some ice cream together, ride bikes or throw a football around in a park. It does not really matter what you do. The key is to just spend some time getting to know each other. People are not going to think you are a couple just because you are doing something together. Guys get together all the time. And, if someone happens to think you are a couple, so what?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    s5's got it right. Two straight guys go out all the time - they just don't call it a date. So just go do what you might go do with a friend. And feel free to let him know your concerns - chances are, he's got them too, and you can discuss how best to address those.

Lex

4. kizza111

Ty for the above advice ^^^^

I took it :'), i said yes and i guess we'll see what happens!

#4 kizza111, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  5. s5m1

Good for you! Have a good time and let us know how it goes.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, my advice is just be careful about him saying Love and such. Remember that the L word is an important word and saying it too early is kinda a dangerous type thing....in my opinion I mean...but of course...it's up to you, if you both feel that strongly as you get to know each other, then by all means. I just find it's a precious word to use...