1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Punched and Insulted

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Apr 30, 2010.

1. mydogstewie

My school is hell, and it's gotten worse.

Today, this guy came up and punched me and shoved me to the ground. He said, "I did that because you're a fucking faggot" and walked away. I felt like I was going to cry.

I saw him later and he just kept going on about how I was a faggot and that I like sucking dick and that my parents don't love me.

I just feel like I can't get rid of him...What should I do? It's really starting to upset me.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Report him to the school (a teacher, a school security guard, the principal, etc.) if that doesn't or won't work for whatever reason report him to the cops. Telling on someone may seem like a babyish thing to do but ignoring this problem is not going to make it go away. Informing someone of what he's doing may be the best way to stop it, violence is not the answer.

3. Dan82

Have you let the administration at your school know about it? If not you should.

4. EM68

Report him to a teacher or administration ASAP! Depending where you live there may be anti bulling laws to protect you. There is no need of you to put up with this. Good luck!

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The kid is probably somewhat interested in guys too... but until he's ready to accept that about himself and be as strong as you are, you're better off telling someone what he's been doing.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're gonna have to bring some adult in on this. And I know - it sucks. It feels like you're proving that he's right - that you need some grown-up to help end your battles for you. But frankly, you have three options.

1. Kick his ass.
    2. Keep putting up with it.
    3. Get an adult to put a stop to it.

You don't want to go down route 1, and you certainly don't want to do route 2. That only leaves 3. Welcome to another fun facet of adulthood, where sometimes even the best of your available choices sucks rocks. :slight_smile:

What do you do? Talk to the school counselor. Do your utmost to remain as calm and adult as you possibly can while you talk to him, as it'll help your situation a lot. Tell him "There's a kid in school who started bullying me. On this date, at this time, he came up to me in the hall around this place. He punched me (in the arm?), then shoved me to the ground and said 'I did that because you're a fucking faggot'." Let him take it from there.

Courage, future drag queen. We'll get you through this yet. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. elitechris

I agree with all the advice above!
    If you don't like confrontation then ignore it. If that doesn't work then report it... were in the 21st century where no one should be beaten up for being who they are.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most schools have anti-bullying laws/policies, so I suggest you go to them and tell them what's happening.

9. At my old school, there was no anti-bullying policy. It was before I came out to myself, but everyone else knew before I did. Because no one protected me, I retaliated by viciously beating my bully. I ended up transferring out before I got expelled, but I would have been expelled. That being said, hit them back. Hit them harded than you're being hit. It's the only way to permanently get them off your ass. Are they really going to tell people that they got beat up by the "faggot"? Nope, so it's good to use your bad reputation as an advantage.

10. Eleanor Rigby

This behaviour is totaly unacceptable. You shouldn't let him, or anyone else do this to you. You have to tell an adult : the school counselor or a teacher, and if possible your parents too so that they know what's happening to you.
    And don't stay alone in the school corridor. Try staying around your friends, ask them to stay with you so that he can't hurt you again.
    (*hug*) (*hug*)

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pepsi and Lex have it, get a teacher or principle involved, and if anyone says your just some baby who can't fight own battles then let them know you're not the one going around bothering people smaller then you because you can and no one will do anything about it.

12. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd kick his ass - fuck the consequences.

And next time he says anything like that, say "you didn't seem to have a problem with it when I was blowing you last weekend."

13. lostinthought9

You know...reporting him to someone with authority may solve this; but, on the other hand, it could actually escalate it.

When I was in 6th grade, there was this guy who would call me names and get in my face and all that, it was never physical though. So, one day I reported him to the assistant principal, and that just made things worse. Eventually, I got fed up with his shit, and started defending myself. Our issues were never really resolved, because we would weekly get into little "tiffs" and whatnot. But, it showed him that I wasn't an "easy target."

Honestly, the only sure way I know how to resolve this is to stand your ground. Chances are he'll be too much taken aback by your response and will just mouth off something and walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, keep us updated. :slight_smile:

14. Markio

I say talk to a teacher or counselor.

If he goes at you again, disarm him by kicking him in the testicles.

15. AlyssWonderland

I like this idea, though it may not be the best. I'd say your best option would be tell an adult.
    Good luck. Shit should not be tolerated :newcolor:

16. Milord

This is completely unacceptable.
    But this guy clearly has issues.

Also, know that this makes you and will make you stronger. :slight_smile:
    And him, he'll only get weaker.

17. D_Alejandro

Get an adult involved. Unless you want to beat him up and get in trouble yourself.

In any case, violence is NEVER the answer!!

Get someone else involved and put an end to this. Stay strong! :thumbsup:

18. EddyT

I have the same at college I get bullied.. just go to a Teacher or the Head of School and report him, if he doesn't stop I am sure he will be punished :slight_smile:

19. ANightDude

[​IMG]
    You've got to be kidding.

20. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ Nope. I have very little tolerance for this kind of crap - regardless of the subject nature.