1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

embarrassing, gym shower issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stevie, May 2, 2010.

1. stevie

this may be the most embarrassing question, but how do you shower after high school gym like we are supposed to. i skip the shower cause i am so afraid of getting hard, no privacy in the showers. but i dont want to smell the rest of the day. i wash under my arms and stuff at the sink. any other ideas?????

#1 stevie, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  2. padre411

I wish I could help you here. In high school I avoided the showers like the plague. In college I worked summers at a job which required a shower at the end of the day. I coped by looking very intently at the tile patterns and plumbing fixtures and washing very quickly.

Peace,

3. stevie

thanks, afraid that wont work for me, wish it would

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

we don't have showers at my school, no one ever smells so i guess we just get by on axe, maybe try that. Or you could shower and not look at the other guys, it might be tempting to look but just don't.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Well, of course I never had this kind of problems, so I can't tell, but maybe thinking of your mother or grand-mother can cool you off in these awkward moments. Or focusing on something like trying to solve a maths equation.

6. stevie

how do you not look, we are all there in a small space, and just knowing they can see me affects me, i will try stronger anti perspirant as well. thanks

7. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in a dorm, open showers and everything. A lot of guys worry about this, not just us gays. Anyway, I've never gotten a hard on. As long as you don't sit there thinking about the guys around you, I doubt you will get one either. Plus, the anxiety will probably keep it from happening.

If the worst case scenario does happen, and for some reason a guy decides to comment on it...just make a joke about it and he'll probably drop it.

8. stevie

thanks Jonah, not sure what joke i could tell. lol

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Like Jonah said, the high anxiety will probably prevent such a situation.

At my school we cant take showers due to the fact that there are only three stalls, and 40 guys in one class. No one smells. We just put deodorant on before and after the class and use Axe. I've noticed I still smell good a few hours after school let out, and I have gym first period out of seven periods.

Just make sure you have a deodorant that is both a deodorant AND antipersprant and use Axe. But do not use Axe only, use it with the deodorant.

10. hairdye

Turn it on him.

"You looking at my dick? Can't stop staring? You want some?"
    Hey, maybe you'd even get some out of it! ;]

From Stevie to Stevie. Don't trip too much, the worry of it, usually prevents it.
    I was super nervous the first time. And it didn't even happen i was so worried.
    Surprisingly though, it happened to other people, as I'm sure you'll find to.
    You're teenagers, you have hormones, random erections pop up every 90 minutes or so, and men think about sex every 6 seconds or so. Somethings bound to pop up sooner or later.

Hope that helps :]

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sing songs to yourself in your head? Your penis only becomes hard when the blood rushes to it, and why does that happen? It happens because you stop using your above head, and therefore there isn't as much blood flow around your head and so it goes to your penis.......I could be wrong tho...

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a totally common problem...which is, believe it or not, the solution to your problem.

MOST guys your age are nervous about showering with other guys. They're worried they'll pop wood, and that everybody will point and laugh. But that's just it - MOST other guys are thinking the same thing! So they're intently NOT looking at other guys, hoping nobody will think they're "getting all gay". So they stare straight down or straight ahead, and nervously shower, and get the hell out of there as quickly as they can. In short, everybody is on the same page as you. They're so wrapped up in their own neurosis that they don't have time to deal with yours. :slight_smile:

But let's say the unthinkable happens. You pop wood in the shower, and somebody says something. As others have said, humor is often your best weapon.

"Yeah, it's weird - it ALWAYS gets hard when somebody stares at it. Was that you?"

or, look down, shrug, and say "Looks like it's working OK. What's wrong with yours?"

Lex

13. Aiken

Turn on a really cold shower. Instant boner be gone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Gaetan

The few times I did shower in high school, I just thought about homework. In college, I tried to do math in my head. All those times, I only felt the blood rushing down there a few times--which I hastily remedied by thinking of something else and turning away from anyone else.

Basically, if you don't think about it at all, or just imagine you're at home showering, you'll be fine.

15. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    At my school, nobody ever puts any effort into actually participating in gym, so no one ever breaks a sweat and we're not required to shower. So sorry, I can't help you here.

16. No One

Hehe, I went through all of gym without showering once, lol. Luckily I don't sweat, so I didn't smell. Just don't think about it, and it shouldn't be a problem.

17. fallendream

I haven't showered in PE yet, and only two people in my year have (since coming to high-school)
    Though if you really must then i present the ultimate boner-killer.
    [​IMG]

18. stevie

thanks, great advice.
    stevie,great to see another stevie
    axe does work, but people question why i wont shower
    if i saw someome pop wood in the shower, no doubt that would get me hard even thinking of the picture fallendream posted
    you guys (and gals) have been great

19. hairdye

i think you should just do it. and come back and tell us how not a big deal it was.
    that would make me very happy.

20. stevie

yesterday i showered for the first time at school, I was shaking, hopefully it wasnt noticeable. There were no problems, it behaved, didnt even get close to getting hard, actually the opposite happened, it shrank smaller out of fear! i guess worrying about something is worse than the reality. i guess i will try again, as that is what is expected after gym class. thanks to all for your comments and your help!