1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hating myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Latinokid, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Lately ive been thinking that im wrong in being gay and that i shud try going straight and that being gay is wrong but i think its because ive been hurt being gay =(*.

2. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I feel the same way... :tears:
    I read the Bible yesterday and found what everyone says
    They say very disturbing things that happen to gay people.

+ Everyone in school just makes u feel worse bout it cause they refer to anything stupid or low as gay.

+ Having to hide this from so many people in base of fear is too hard to handle

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ahh i felt that way b4 but i havnt heard many gay remarks at shcool or nothin

4. keops832

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well, to tell you the truth, ever since i've felt it, i never considered it wrong. and i still don't. religion is the only thing that blocks my path to freedom.

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

forget religion. it ruins peoples lives. i hear all this junk about it being the way. forget it. do what makes you happy. be gay and be proud of it! ignore everything else. if you can't ignore it comment back to the kids how much of bigots they are. or ignore them to the best of your abilities. i hate to see some dumb religion making you guys down. you chose religion, not sexuality. find a religion that makes sense to you. i do not comform to relgion but wiccans, epilcapalions, and others accept gays. the rest, well are just baloney. not every religion is correct. personally (there is an acutall beleif that this is true!) i beleive when you die you see whatever your faith is. my faith is the pick and choose faith. i think something is true i beleive, i think something is dumb i dump it. beleive what you think makes sense and what brings you true happiness!

#5 xxAngelOnFirexx, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I jus ignore them... the best religion is buddism it doesnt say gay is romng i think

7. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I guess u r right.
    It's just that I have religion shoved into me by everyone. And sometimes not even the same one, but they all say the same thing.
    Being gay is wrong and u will die if u are.

I just hate that. It makes me feel uncomfortable with myself.

As for those kids, I do ignore them.
    I do everything possible to do so, still, their comments :***: me off!

8. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Its not religion is people who hurt emotionally

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I should shut up now...
    I'm taking over LK's thread

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

well if its people who are hurting you then i guess the best method is to ignore them... i have very poor people skills so i'm not sure what else to say. just don't let them get you down. they don't know what they're talking about.

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel pretty much the same way about religion as AngelOnFire but I've read enough to know that just dumping your religion is not an easy thing for most people because it's basically their entire social context.

As for the original poster's comments about being hurt because you're gay... we get hurt just by living. Bad things happen to good people no matter what their sexual orientation. But hiding who you are and what you feel does a hell of a lot of extra damage, so in my mind, at least, it's worth the risk of being out if it means I get to be myself and avoid any harm that pretending to be straight would cause me.

12. Bryan

It can be hard being gay, I know, but It wont hurt you and there is no way that you can change, so you should try to accept your sexuality. Supressing it isnt healthy.

13. SpikySpice

Well, in this world, everything is confusing, no on can help the eact answer for us why we feel like this or like that

Being gay is not wrong, and so being straight. But you have to accept who you are if you truly know who you are.:slight_smile:

Like evrybody sayvIgnore those freaking a**h***, it msy sound easy but it wont be easy to most of us, and I understand that, but the thing is you have to be proud of yourself dosnet matter what is going on around you, dosnt matter what happen, what people say, you still be who you are, which is gay in this case, unless you wanna chnage because some other reasons

But I know it's the huiman condition, we all want good thinsg to happen to us, but no, not all of them are what you want, but all you ned is the strength to get over bad things and look forward good things:slight_smile:

14. JSG

JSG Guest

Oh, I know what you mean Latinokid, but once you've tried a guy and know how good it is, there's no way i want to turn straight !!
    They're the ones missing out :icon_wink

15. Sam

Sam

I spent years hating myself wishing I was dead because I didn't want to face the fact that I'm gay even to this day I still struggle with it but you know what, I say live your life don't worry about what anybody else says or thinks why spend your life either living a lie by acting straight or spend your life being yourself and worrying about if its wrong or not. ITS NOT WRONG PEOPLE HAVE BRAINWASHED US INTO THINKING THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH TWO MEN OR WOMEN BEING TOGETHER. THATS THEIR PROBLEM!!!

16. cords

If god didn't want people to be gay, why'd he create them? Being gay is in genetics. So, what the bible says about gays, isn't necessarily true.

17. Kibuki kid

I think everyone has been there one. I was there myself a year ago, but unfortunately being hurt comes to everyone no matter what race, creed, gender. Whether your gay, straight, bi, transgender or anything else, you can always be hurt. All we can do is to live life to the fullest and take the hits when they come.

18. Kibuki kid

Cords makes an exc ellent point, i've adopted my own belief that God knew us before we were born, he knows us inside and out if these feelings were wrong i highly doubt he would let us have them.

19. surfrboykai

to correct you, it's organized religion that ruins people's lives.

EDIT: i've been like, way lucky in that i've never felt any hatred for being bi (and i was openly bi in high school). my family and friends were all way accepting and i didn't lose anyone i knew. i wasn't picked on in high school for it either. so i really can't comment on how to handle it because i've never faced bigotry