1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out advice to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blueeyedcutie, May 3, 2010.

1. blueeyedcutie

Ok, I'm very much closeted still and I'm pretty sure that I'm bisexual. I do have very religious friends and I'm worried about being judged. I have told one friend but she understands and was in a relationship with a bisexual man. She was the easiest and then I told my gay friend last night who got me on this website. How should I approach the subject with them? I'm thinking I'm going to wait till after finals which is this week and possibly to the beginning of my junior year of college.

2. Jim1454

There's really no hurry or predetermined time line around coming out to people. It really comes down to getting so comfortable and confident with the issue that you really don't care what the reaction is going to be. The reality is that you are who you are, and you've always been that person. If people suddenly don't like you because you have shared with them that you're bisexual - then they have a problem. Not you.

That's of course easier said than done. Which is why it sometimes takes a while to get there. I'd recommend hanging out here. Reading the stories. Getting comfortable with the reality that there are some pretty awesome gay people around (us!) and that you're equally awesome - regardless of your orientation.