1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mass coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 4, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

ok, well I feel like I am coming to terms with who I am and also I think now i know what I am, gay. And one day (not setting a date), I want to come out to the world and be open, that mines facebook and almost everybody I know. What would be the easyest way to do that but not trying to flaut it and to do it in a civilised manner (Also it would be to maybe make people who are closeted but lack convdentse to come but not force them and mabye fate would allow an boyfriend to come out of it.(unlikely)) any advice?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's an answer to that, the world hasn't found it. No matter how you do it, some people are going to think you're flaunting it...while others are gonna totally miss the message. Best bet? Don't worry about them so much. Just do it as you see fit. Maybe something simple on Facebook. "Some of you may have missed the memo, so in case you did - I'm gay."

Lex

3. padre411

What support networks do you plan to have in place before you do this?

Peace,

4. Markio

Do you ever pass billboards that are blank except for a phone number? I think that would be a good way to show the world.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, no matter how many people you come out to, there's always going to be new opportunities to come out to more people.

The best solution I found for myself is to not make a big show of it. When the topic comes up, I just act as if me being gay is the most normal thing in he world. Because, frankly, it is just the most normal thing in the world.

When you're with people, and the topic of romance, relations or sexuality comes up, just be open about being gay. They'll soon all be clued in. Any gay people interested in dating will then know that you are "on the market" for gay romance. And any closeted ones can look at you as being unapologetically and openly gay and take that as an example!

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Lol :roflmao:, when I ment tell the would did did not mean it like that. I ment college and the other people I truly know.