1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Completly Over Someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, May 5, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

Well the title says it all...I wanna know how to completly forget someone...any sugestions?

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Time. That's the only way, there is no quick fix.

3. Shevanel

You forgot to mention Ice Cream. Lots and Lots and Ice Cream.

But otherwise, Time.

4. TroubledRyan

lol joey, I dun need more fat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Étoile

Like the guys above me said, time heals everything.

What's the situation you're in, if you don't mind me asking.

6. Mogget

Time helps, but I don't think it's enough. You have to use time properly. Which for me at least means spending time with friends, whacking off (without thinking of him), doing things you enjoy, getting to know yourself and others, etc. And be careful that any grieving you do is sad-crying not protest-crying (terms I found on teh interwebz. Basically sad-crying is when you say, "I'm in pain cause I miss x" where protest crying is, "No! No! Please, don't let x be gone!").

#6 Mogget, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. D_Alejandro

Time heals all wounds. Feel better. (*hug*)

8. someguy82

Lots of random anonymous sex with hot guys.

But if being self destructive doesn't suit your needs (and it really shouldn't), everyone else in this thread is right, and it'll get better over time.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    while time does heal you, there may be some part of you never completly gets over someone.

10. I don't think you can ever completely forget someone. I'm going through something similar, and it's slowly getting better. I still think of the person throughout the day but it hurts a little less every day. Time will dull the pain, but I think you are supposed to remember the people in your life no matter what happened. Completely forgetting, instead of becoming comfortable with or coming to terms with, would be like running away. Breaking up sucks, especially when you felt like they were the one for you. Just know I feel your pain.

11. TroubledRyan

ya...just my x...I gess... it was stupid on what happened, to me anyways... I can get why we broke up though...it is just missing him that i ahte,since I have him in class,luckly its almost summer. And ym friends aint much help since they mention him every other day.... ( we have alot of the same friends).

12. Darkwing65

You don't. They will always be a part of you. Time will heal wounds, but those on the heart scar the deepest. It will get better.

...and i agree with Joey. A 'Gotta Have It' from Cold Stone i prescribe.

13. Markio

I think that getting over someone is like trying not to think about something. When you try to not think of something, you're still thinking about it. The easiest thing to do is to think of something else. So in terms of getting over someone, you could just do something else instead of think about him. Like paint a picture. Or play a video game.

14. Jamieftm

In my opinion, time doesn't always heal. Sometimes you need to just get by each day and remember there are lots of other people that love you. Sometimes, depending on what type of person you are, there is a part of you that never gets over it. So all you need to do is try and get by in life with having some fun aswell. At least, thats what i've been doing for the past 8 or nine months since my ex (first girlfriend) dumped me because her fam. thought i was more like a friend.
    Anyway, goodluck in life
    Lots of love <3

15. TroubledRyan

thanks everyone :slight_smile:

16. Jamieftm

No problemo ryan <3 love u ^.^

17. Connor22

do something and allow yourself to get lost in that, that way you forget the person for a while, after a while you might remember them then do something that makes you forget them etc etc it will take time but it works for me oh and yeah time

18. Bryan90

Sometimes I am inclined to believe that: "the key to getting over someone is to acknowledge that there is no need to get over someone".

Sometimes I feel that we have the need to get over people because we feel that we can't function properly by having them in our minds all the time, especially when we can't get them to recipocrate our feelings. Sometimes, it can even make us jealous, bitter, and miserable.

But I have a theory that as soon as we embrace that it is okay to just like someone without expecting anything in return, we'd be able to function properly even when we are crazy over them, and we won't need to get over them anymore.