1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to have sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andytx1, May 8, 2010.

1. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok hello everyone, the title is a bit misleading but anyways.

So recently, I've been talking to this guy for a pretty long time now (3-4 months). It was just casual talk and I met him over the net. He's only 1-2 years older and is also a virgin. Ok, he seemed pretty nice and we're both bi. We haven't really met in real life yet because of time issues (on both sides). Anyways, so we kinda decide when we meet, we'll play around.

Since we're both virgins, but he jacked off with one other guy before ... I don't know what to do? What am I meant to bring ... and no this is not a one night stand because we're planning to meet again and again until we find a girl we like. Then we will stop (he suggested it but I think it's a good idea)

Also if we meet, should I wait for him to make the move or? ... Thanks ^^

#1 Andytx1, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two big hazards to look out for here.

1. You haven't met in real life yet. This really needs to happen first. And no, not for five minutes before you start shucking your clothes off. You need to spend some time in each other's presence for awhile, and see how you both feel. The dynamic between two people can alter drastically between "internet friends" and "being in each other's presence". I'd see on arranging a quick get-together (an hour or two) first, to see how things feel first. Then, go home, think it over, and if you decide you still want to go through with it, you can do it at your second meeting.

2. "Planning to meet again and again until you find a girl, then you'll stop" sounds like a recipe for disaster. There do exist people who can enjoy a sexual relationship with somebody as a simple physical thing, and when somebody new comes on the scene, and their partner is no longer available, they can bow out gracefully and look elsewhere. But those people tend to be pretty rare. What if you fall for this guy (which is pretty common), and he says "Sorry - got a girlfriend now"? What if YOU find a girl, and HE wants to keep going? For that matter, what if one of you thinks the first sexual experience was amazing, and the other one thinks "Uh, no more of that, thanks"?

I don't want to go so far as to say "don't do it", but I think you need to protect yourself - emotionally as well as physically. You should go into this as "I'd like to fool around with this guy once, and see how it goes." At that point, you two can re-evaluate and decide if you want to do it again. And do prepare that perhaps things won't work out.

Also, as always, the gargoyle commands you:

Condoms.
    Lube.
    Always.

I don't care if you've never bought them before. I don't care if you "don't think you're going to need them". I don't care if you're "pretty sure he'll bring them, so you don't need to".

Condoms.
    Lube.
    Always.

You might go in fully expecting to just maybe jerk each other off. But it's quite common for guys to decide they want to ramp things up. And when that happens, it's extremely UNcommon for them to say "OK, let's stop for awhile and go buy condoms and lube, so we can do this safely". They just say "fuck it".

Don't go that route.

Buy condoms. Buy lube. Practice putting them both on. And take them with you. It might end up you don't need them. No big deal. Take them home and you'll still have them ready. But you don't want to get there, find yourself going further than you originally planned, and then spend several awkward minutes trying to figure out how to put the damn stuff on. Or, even worse, saying "fuck it".

Lex

4. TroubledRyan

Lex is completly right.

and also, if you guys were to have sex...it tends to increase your emotions for each toher...and if he decidided to go with a girl right after that, you can get really hurt. and vis-versa

5. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would listen to gay gargoyle !He almost sounds upset ! listen to him ! the sage is right !