1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom Woes..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolz, May 8, 2010.

1. lolz

So I am having quite a dramatic prom planning experience lol. I am having a bit of trouble with two girls. First off, both of these girls are very close to me and they both know I'm gay. I was planning to go to prom with Girl 1 for the past month or so. Recently, however things have gotten a bit weird. She is very upset whenever I hang out with other groups of friends that Girl 2 is in, and has had feelings for me in the past. I have heard from other friends that she plans on "doing things with me" after prom : / Things have just been different between us lately and I thought it would be better to go with Girl 2 to prom. She is the only underclassmen in our group of friends, so her having an older date is a necessity to even get in so it made sense. I told girl 1 that I think it would be better if we just went together as friends in a group, and told her how girl 2 needs an upperclassmen to get in anyways. She understood and we ended up combining groups with prom. I just wonder how this is going to turn out.. any advice?? ps. Girl 1 and 2 are also very close, things have just been very different/off lately between everyone..

2. Connor22

why not find a dude to go with... that would be interesting

3. johny5000

^^^
    Agree:grin:

Don't worry I think everything is gonna be ok, I mean, I don't get the problem here, ur surrounded by friends, Just enjoy prom!!!:eusa_danc

And if its true that girl 1 "wants to do things with u", remind her (nicely) ur not into girls.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just have fun and don't worry about it! This is Prom. HAVE A BLAST! Because I know I did (minus not having a boy for a date which sucked, but none the less lol)

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally would have stuck with Girl 1. But I would have made sure to have a talk with her beforehand. "I still would like to go to prom with you, but I think I need to make a few things clear. We'd be going as friends. I think you're a great friend, but I AM gay, and therefore nothing is going to happen between us. I just need you to be totally clear and accepting of that."

Lex

6. lolz

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: It all ended up working out and Prom was fun. There has been things going on in Girl 1 and I's relationship where it is almost impossible for us to even be friends anymore. And don't worry, I'm saving a real date for my Senior Prom :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: