1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she will still be there

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dreamer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im off to university very soon, which in itself is a bit overwhelming. I was hoping, like many, to start fresh, a new me and all that. The trouble is the girl I've had feelings for, and her girlfriend are going to be there. We've all been friends for years, though neither thankfully know how I've felt. I know there will be new people and the chances are we won't actually see that much of each other, but they are still going to be there. There's just no escaping it. I am very happy for them and I know I'm not the right person for her. They are one of those couples that compliment eachother so well. Even so, whatever happens, if I do get into a relationship at some point I'm afraid I will always be comparing myself with them.

I'm not sure what answers I'm looking for here...

2. Bryan

It wont be too bad, you will run in to them from time to time and probaly hang out, but College campuses are normaly very big and diverse, you will meet alot of new cool people there, dont worry too much about it.

3. xequar

When I went to college (and it was only a 10,000 student university), there were a few people that I graduated from high school with that were going to the same school. We weren't friends, but we did know each other. Do you know how many times I saw them?

Seven.

The person out of them that I saw the most, I saw SEVEN times, usually as we were walking across campus.

If you're going to a college of any size and you get wrapped up in your own life and classes and stuff, you probably won't see those people that often.