1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 9, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Today has made me wounder about me whole life, I mean I don't know who I am any more the stuff that used to interst me no longer does and I feel like I am a completely different person and I don't know what I like any more (with a few exceptions) and I feel like I need to rediscover myself because stuff like playing computer games on the computer is no longer fun and I have no clue what my hobbies are and I lost in the process of finding who I am but I am not the person I thought I was.:help:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not at all unusual to outgrow things. I used to write voraciously, but I haven't written a thing in about three years. I used to design and make T-shirts, but I haven't done that in about five years. Just no interest right now. So what do I do? I go find new hobbies. I'll go to the bookstore or library, and just wander through the racks - especially the "hobby" section. And often, something catches my eye. Or I'll go to the hobby store and see what looks interesting. Photography? Sketching? Whatever it is, I'll buy an introductory book, or a "getting started" kit, and give it a go. Even if it ends up I don't really like it, I like finding out I don't like it, if that makes any sense. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. BeccaBearr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dont get discouraged british lad!:icon_bigg sometimes, as humans, we get bored with things! i understand the feeling of not really knowing yourself, and it can be kinda frightening. maybe you could go to some hobby store or book store and try to find something that catches your eye! its always important to have something you really love in your life. to have something that makes you want to get up in the mornings. for me its only a few things; my fish, y love for painting, and my girlfriend. its not much, and sometimes its hard to get through days because i feel like i have nothing, but you cant ever give up! try to find yourself again! do some deep thinking. what always gets me thinking is nature. try going for a walk through the park on your own. you might find some philosophical thoughts creeping to the surface. youll find yourself again, itll be okay (*hug*)

4. padre411

Lex may well be right and in the process of growing and changing, your interests have changed as well.

Losing interest in the things we enjoy can also be a part of a depressive cycle. It might be worth exploring that question with someone if what Lex suggests doesn't seem to help.

Peace, Mike