1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a boyfriend advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 12, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

If there is a thread like this could you notife me please.
    Well were do I begain:
    Ok for several months now I have being tring to work out what I am and I think I am nerly at the end of the tunnel, and that I am gay and my feeling for men and finding men hotter are getting stronger by the day.
    Anyway, I want a boyfriend and I would like some good tips and tricks to help me find one (and maybe ways I can refine my gaydar) I would like helpful serjections not any "me to"s or "I cant help" because that is not helpful so any people who know want there talking about please post.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Err there are no tips...or advice I can give. Either one will come along or it won't. Simple as that. I'm sorry I can't give you some great advice, but the fact is, no one can actually say "this is how you find a boyfriend" just the same as saying "this is how you win the lottery"....if there was a trick to it, I'd have a boyfriend by now...

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi British lad.
    I am pleased to see your coming to terms with being gay,and accepting the fact.

Well i dont know what your area is like,but i live in a sparcly populated rural area and i was in your position so i joined "gaydar" on the net.This was a big thing for me but it was well worth it.When i got looking on the distance search part there were many adverts ranging from 1 to however many miles you wish to consider local.This is a good start for us in the UK,you may be surprized how many people are in your area,even people you know of but never considered gay.

I have made at least 1 good friend and we have met up a few times and will see where it goes from here.

Best of luck,but dont give up on hapiness rather than come out and be honest with people.My experiance has been that most people dont care if your gay and just want you to be happy.

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

If i knew the answer to your question i would be a very wealthy and happy man!

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well I know I am mostly gay but I dont feel ready to join the gay communaty yet, so any advice?

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

well you said you dont feel like joining the gay community? Why is it so? Is it becuase you not really out yet? Well if you after a boyfriend then a major step would be is to come out. well it may not be certain if you have a boyfriend and I still dont, but now since comming and I have only come out recently I now have great gay friends but when I was in the closet I did not really have any gay friends.

7. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    about the only thing I can say about this is "be confident and social". (do not take this as "slut it up" as fun as that can be, it only occasionally gets the same results)

If you do this, he'll have a better chance of finding you :wink:

8. Mitchell

I've only had one boyfriend, but I have some advice... it's how I had my boyfriend...

I met him at Gay Straight Alliance at school... then I found him on facebook and talked to him online and arranged to meet up, and things went wonderfully.

Unfortunately we broke up because of our age difference.. I'm 18, he's 15... he wanted sex, and I told him that he wasn't old enough and we just ended up breaking up.

9. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I never sayed I din't not want to join the gay commuaty, I sayed I felt I was not ready to join the gay communaty yet.

10. Sylver

I've never had gaydar... I don't even believe in gaydar... :icon_sad:

No advice coming from this one... if you find the answer, be sure to let me and about a thousand others on EC know... :slight_smile:

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The only advice I can give you is to stop trying so damn hard. This might sound mean and I'm sorry if I offend you, but I don't think you are ready for a boyfriend.

You said that you are almost at the end of the tunnel in order to find out who you really are. Why not wait until then? You also say you are "mostly gay" what does that even mean?

Is up to you though. The one thing I know is that the harder you try and harder it gets. No idea why, but its true. You obvioulsy have to help things happen,but, for example, joing a lgtb activity to meet friends and not only to get a boyfriend. If you happen to liek someone then great, but don't meet people with the mentality tha tyou must find a boyfriend

12. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i totally get what you mean. some people seem to forget that coming out can be really difficult and stressful. take your time and thats how you ensure you do things properly.

13. dude99

dude99 Guest

Thats very good advice. Anyway if you try too hard on finding a boyfriend then you would end up with disapointment after disapointment. Focus on developing friendship with gays first. Get yourself out there and meet other people instead of constantly sitting at home in front of the computer.