1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, May 12, 2010.

1. I'm not sure if I've posted a thread on this or not before....anyway, I'm wanting to meet a guy in the town that I live in, and I don't know how...dating sites don't have anything and I don't like Craigslist because they are just looking for sex and like you already know, I'm looking for a relationship. I'm starting college this fall, what should I do?

2. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i would say; write clearly what u want in your profile and say your not interested in 1 nigh stands~

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a lot of dating sites out there (none of which I can mention *sigh* *rolls eyes* but which I'm sure you could Google) that are... differently-oriented than craigslist that could probably help you find people who are more into relationships. The thing is, if you're going to college in the fall, you might want to wait to see if you meet someone there--college is usually a pretty good place to meet potential dates. :icon_bigg

4. Sylver

I agree with the above. Stop looking for love online and instead put yourself into real-life situations where gay guys might be, for example LGBT support groups at college or a local LGBT resource center. It doesn't even have to be gay-specific. I'd say you only need two criteria; being active among people your age in general, and being very open about the fact that you are gay. That will pretty much put you out there, and things sometimes have a way of happening... Sometimes it's just a friend of a friend, but that's all you need...