1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out To My Jujitsu class

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 13, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

How could I come out to my whole Jujitsu marshal arts class? Here is a little bit of background for you:
    I have been there since 2003, everybody likes me, there is alot of banter(one of the guys got picked up outside a gaybar by one of the other guys, but he is straight and that has become a standered joke) everbody is over 12 in my Group and there is a guy there who is 14 and is most diffently Gay and everybody thinks he is. They all think think I am staight because I have a couple of prom photos of me with attactive girls on facebook, there nice but not my tipe(obusuly). I dont think anybody is homophobic. And I have allmost let the cat out of the bag a couple of Times.
    Should I tell them and If so How?
    P.S.Besides If they go all homophobic I just leave, And I such a Nice guy they would H8 to see me leave because I almost did (for other reasons) and they were like no don't (other people they would have just sayed bye)

2. Sylver

I don't think anybody can and should tell you when you should come out to anyone (particualrly an entire Jujitsu class :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Go with your instincts. Don't do anything if it doesn't feel right for you.

Most importantly, ask yourself why you're doing this, and make sure you answer the question in detail. Write your answer down just to be sure you're being honest. Give yourself a few hours, go kill some people in Call of Duty, then come back and reread your answer. Does it still make sense to you? Then do it! If not, then wait... because there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until the time is right. It's not a race.

3. stevie

i agree with james, only tell who you want, there is no timeline. figure out why you want to, or why you dont want to. either answer can be the correct answer

4. Jay D

I'm with the others - tell who you want, when you want. There is no pressure whatsoever.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I am also with the others.

But I want to stress, don't just walk in and scream "I LIKE SODOMY!" You have to gently tell them.