1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I Come out to my Marshal arts Class

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 13, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

How could I come out to my whole Jujitsu marshal arts class? Here is a little bit of background for you:
    I have been there since 2003, everybody likes me, there is alot of banter(one of the guys got picked up outside a gaybar by one of the other guys, but he is straight and that has become a standered joke) everbody is over 12 in my Group and there is a guy there who is 14 and is most diffently Gay and everybody thinks he is. They all think think I am staight because I have a couple of prom photos of me with attactive girls on facebook, there nice but not my tipe(obusuly). I dont think anybody is homophobic. And I have allmost let the cat out of the bag a couple of Times.
    Should I tell them and If so How?
    P.S.Besides If they go all homophobic I just leave, And I such a Nice guy they would H8 to see me leave because I almost did (for other reasons) and they were like no don't (other people they would have just sayed bye)
    (I know this ideical to the your one but can you delete the other one please)

2. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm. As to "should" you do it, I say yes if you feel sure you are ready to have it generally known. As for "how", you can ask the leader if you can make an announcement to the group before the session begins. Well, that's one way to do it head on, anyway. Something like that is the only way to tell all at the same time, most likely. Otherwise, wait for some sexuality topic to come up, in a joke or a discussion, and seize the opportunity to share that part of who you are. .. .. .. Let your imagination be your only limitation.

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Will jokes are quite common and ones about people are common too because there all realy friendly and there is alot of banter.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say, just mention it when it comes up.

"So, do you have a girlfriend."
    "Nope, I'm gay I don't even like girls that way."

Can't think of much other instances atm, but just bring it up if they mention something sort of like the topic. I don't really like "announcing" things like that. It's like "Hey everyone, so-and-so's favorite color is blue." Maybe it just makes it feel like it's more of a big deal. But if you really want everyone to know, go ahead.

Another way is to tell only a few of your closer friends in the group and tell them that you have something you want to tell them and tell them that you're gay, and that they don't have to keep it a secret. Eventually most people will know and the ones that don't will find out soon enough if it even comes up.

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think you NEED to tell them... just be yourself and dont lie to them and it will come out in time. There's no need to make it a big deal or anything.

Also, I'd work on my spelling if i were you... No offense but it got hard to read after a while...

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Thanks for the advice, and I am trying to spell better but I just can't I never have, porberly never will, so sorry but that is one of my floors, I can't spell for my life.

7. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Off topic but on topic. xD

Install Google Chrome it has a built in Spell Checker doesn't sort grammar out thought =/ . :slight_smile: