1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay D, May 15, 2010.

1. Jay D

In just under 4 months time, my boyfriend and I will be going to university. Unfortunately, his course starts 20 days before mine, and he has to leave Thanet on 28th August in order to be ready for his course on the 1st September. I have to leave on the 18th September to start my course on the 21st September.

My problem is how we can make it work. Our universities are a half-hour train ride away from one another, but we can only see each other at the weekend and he probably won't be home for Christmas (his first semester finishes on December 23rd and the second semester starts early in January).

We really do love one another, but I am worried about how our love will survive when we get to university. Having been together for 7 months today, I realise it might seem a tad OTT to think that far ahead, but yeah.

Any advice would be great welcomed!!!

Thanks all,
    Jay

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Try using the Internet to stay in contact and if they are a half hour train ride away then Get a place that is in-between both University's and so you can see each other ever day

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use the phone and net as British Lad said. And you should try to do something mid week maybe? 30 minutes isn't really that long, and you could trade of who goes on the train to see who each week... Or if you can drive/take a bus half way. The weeks will go by quick and it won't feel too long. :slight_smile: And absence makes the heart grow fonder.

4. Jay D

yeah ... i guess so. I think it'll basically be a case of us working it out between us. Fun conversation, huh? Still thanks for all the advice!

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no tried and true method for making it work. You can only do your best. It's especially tough going to university, since your life starts revolving around your new classes and dormmates and activities. Just keep communicating. :slight_smile:

Lex