1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go about...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ashleigh Ann, May 16, 2010.

1. Ashleigh Ann

I've developed a crush on this girl in my yoga class. She's been my friend since our freshman year and she knows that I'm bisexual. (Yoga is our gym credit and we're seniors.) Sometimes it seems like she's flirting with me in class. I don't know what to think of it and if I knew that she wasn't completely straight, like I'm pretty sure she is, I would probably ask her out. The thing is, I don't know how to go about finding that piece of information out. If I just straight up ask her, I think she'll figure out that I have a crush on her, which has potential to be hugely awkward. I need help figuring this out please!

2. Nialla

Nialla Guest

I've found that straight girls don't think anything of flirting with other women in a lighthearted way. At least, that's what I've found here at Uni. If she knows you're bisexual and she does like you, then she'll probably ask you out if she's interested. The only thing you can do is keep your ears open and try to not read /too/ much into anything just incase you get disappointed.

There's no harm in perhaps flirting back a little however, as long as you keep things light and amusing instead of seeming to come on too strong.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually pretty easy. Next time she makes a comment that sounds flirty to you, ask. Smile and say something along the lines of "Wow, if somebody said that to me at the lesbian coffee house, I'd know she was flirting. I'm not sure how to take it from you, though." Keep it light-hearted, don't look like you're accusing her or looking to pounce. Just give her a chance to push if she is flirting, or to pull back if she isn't. If she isn't, just wave it away and say "Oh, that's OK - I just thought I'd best be sure. I'm actually really bad at figuring out who's flirting with me and who isn't."

Lex