1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

had it simple, and my message to those who haven't come out yet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rubyface, May 19, 2010.

1. rubyface

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did anyone have it really easy? Comming out to people, and those people telling you they knew, you all laughed it off? Your friends and family telling you they want to bring you along to go shopping? Just kinda told those who questioned you right to your face, and been like "ya, what of it?"

Personally, I had it realllllly easy. Everyone accepted it, my sister, "lets go shopping" my mom "already knew" and "thank god no babies early", my dad "doesn't suprise me", and to this date, with my friends, it's the joke between us all, and I don't care. I joke about them being straight, they joke about me bein gay, in the end, it's all good laugh.

now my over all point to this:

I have noticed on this board everyone tends to say "what if they don't?" I was a person who once thought, what if they don't, what if they don't, what if they don't, and well, when I came out to my mom, at that point, the final thought of "well, what if she does?" And I swore on that moment, the whole world, stress, and pure releif came over me at that thought, and that was the statment that had me come out to her. To those of you who haven't come out yet, try and have that positive side thought in your head. Then everyone else came afterwards. It's like ridding a bike, you do it once, you do it everywhere else.

but really ask yourself

What if mom IS good with it? dad? sister? brother? aunts? uncles? friends? team mates? co-workers? lawers? doctors? dentists? Then what? How are you guys going to act about it? Is everyone mature, or go over the edge.

over all, is everyone going to be able to say "gay" or "fag" or "queer" or "homosexual" without haveing to be worried that you are going to be offended? How do you prevent those times? use the terminology yourself, make it a joke, I do, and I'm still typing this today, I actually have people who defend me for it.

I hope you all take a little from this.

You are who you are because you are, that's it, don't let anyone take it from you.