1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know what to do.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nomad187, May 21, 2010.

1. Nomad187

So I was datiing this guy who I liked but didnt really get me. I also had this friend who was one of my best friends who I felt more comfortable around. after a while into the relationship I decided it wasnt working. I also realized I liked my friend and told him I liked him. I broke things off with my bf and my friend told me he had loved me for a while but blamed himself for my breakup. One night my friend started apologizing for stuff that he didnt need to and told me that he loved me and said good bye. Every night for a week and a half I cried myself to sleep cause I hadnt talked to him and was worried. I finally talked to him and he tried to commit suicide. I dont know what to do I need him in my life but he still blames himself. Please help me

2. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I think this is a time you both need to be there for each other, but especially for him. Perhaps you should help him look for professional assistance in dealing with his issues. It seems that both of you may have something brewing in terms of a relationship but be very careful considering your friend's fragile state. Perhaps you should cool things down romantically but still remain very good friends only until your friend has come to grips with himself- then think about a relationship only after he he better. Be there for your friend and perhaps you should also find help for yourself in dealing with this considering the gravity of the situation. We at EC are always here but God knows we are far from professionals. I would also be wary of actually starting a relationship with your find in the first place because of his situation BUT that does NOT mean take him out of your life, but instead be a part of his life as his friend first and foremost. Explain to your friend that it is not his fault because it truly isn't.

I am in no way an expert and you're better off getting professionals who deal with these issues to help you than me but I'm sure I speak for EC when I say we are always here to support you in your hard times. Why not try "Kids Help Phone" or counseling sessions for your friend?

3. x2x2x2x2y2

Yeah, I think this is something a professional should handle. Your friend is very sensitive and it would be hard to go into a relationship. If you truly care about him, take care of his needs first. Be a friend for him and help him get help.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A relationship shouldn't even be in the cards right now. You've told him your side of the story - you had a boyfriend, it wasn't working out, you started getting feelings for him (your friend), you broke up with your boyfriend. He literally did nothing to cause any of this. He apparently can't accept that. So help him get into therapy, be a good friend, and assume there is no relationship to be had here.

Lex

5. Nomad187

I am trying to get him into therapy. I know he neds it and he knows I will always be there for him. I will do anything to make sure he is okay. and thanksfor the help I appreciate it