1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could use some advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, May 23, 2010.

1. I'm currently experiencing a dillema in life - trying to put it together enough to move out of my parents house and get my own place to live. I know I need money for deposits and the like. What I'm not sure of is where. I live very near to Oklahoma City, which is a growing, vibrant city. I love OKC, but as mentioned in previous posts, I would love to end up in Texas, mainly Houston. My problem is should I go ahead and move to OKC for a few years, then onto Houston, or should I just save the money for a year and then go on to Houston, where I want to end up. Help!

2. RedState

I've always been partial to Dallas...but to each his own.
    If you want to get to Houston sooner rather than later, it would seem that you should just suck it up and start saving, staying where you are, and making your plans now. It would seem that moving to OKC would simply be delaying the move...by a couple of years...of where you want to be.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think one major factor I would throw into the mix is having prospects of employment and some secure income. Would you have that in Oklahoma City?

One option would be to try applying for jobs in Houston, which would make your move also easier because then one big worry of finding employment and having to live off your savings until your find something would be off the table so to speak. You could even start the job search now, and just let potential employers know that you are willing to relocate and willing to travel for an interview to Houston. Once you find something (which could take a bit longer perhaps) it would definitely make things easier and also allow you not have to worry about income and being able to stay there.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to second Mirko's thoughts. If your chances of employment are just a good (or better) in Houston, you may as well go straight there.

Lex