1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so stupid. D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jonnie, May 24, 2010.

1. Jonnie

(When I refer to other gays, and gay stereotypes, I'm meaning in my general area. Read it and you'll see what they're like.)

Most of you have seen my other post I wrote about me wanting to fit the gay stereotype, right? Whether you have or haven't, yeah, that's what it's saying. I want to fit the gay stereotype, in a way. :icon_redf Like I also said, it is mostly jealousy. Like.. Others seem to get all the attention, and seem well put together. When, I, on the other hand, am not at all. :bang: I have this weird obbsession with comparing myself to others, which totally brings me down. :icon_sad: As you all can see, I'm a very jealous person, but I guess that's all I will be known for at the moment.

Okay well, the whole point of this is, well, can you guys help the get past my jealous, stereotypical ways? :confused:
    [/B][/B]

2. Aoifeee

I can really relate to you because I felt that way too, when I was your age. I wanted so badly to be pretty and perfect and funny and smart and stylish and be envied etc etc etc...I had no fucking clue who I was and I molded myself into something I thought I should be. Ew.

It comes down to your self esteem really, you need to do some soul searching, write down your ideas, your interests, your likes and dislikes, your opinions. Educate yourself on the things that catch your fancy. READ! You want to be fashionable? Then follow fashion blogs (try lookbook) research fashion designers, design your own outfits. I could go on... But do you get the idea? I think the best way to get over your jealousy is to realise that there's no need to be jealous of others if you like what you've got going on yourself, and I'm positive there's already plenty of things to like :slight_smile:

3. Jonnie

^ ___ ^ Thank you, miss.
    That really helped me. <3

You know, you're right. I don't really have a reason to really be jealous of anyone. I just have to be myself learn to like who I am. :grin:

4. Aoifeee

Exactly :slight_smile: Wee, glad I helped!

5. Jonnie

Oops.
    I meant to put and 'and learn to like who I am.' :3

6. Aoifeee

Oh, I think I read it like that anyway... I have auto spelling/grammar check on XD

7. Connor22

lol come on jonnie your better than that and besides your 14, this is the time to feel insecure and try and work out who you are, keep it real, don't try and fit ANYBODIES stereotype ecxept your own, think to yourself "who do Iwant to be and does it really matter what other people think?" (give you a hint the answers no)

8. Jonnie

Ohh Connor. I think the magical kitty beat you to the punch. :3
    But yeah, I've established that I'm going to try that. lol. :slight_smile:

Thank you, for also adding your input. :3 :grin: