1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting the journey again...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, May 26, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, recently I finished watching todd's coming out story on YouTube (from some brittish soap opear because I'm cool like that lol). It really inspired me to come out more. I feel like the previous coming out experiences iv had have really been me pulling people into the closet with me. I always end up telling people not to tell my roommates or family. Anyways todd's story involves him going as far as getting engaged to his girlfriend and getting Her pegnant. He discovered his sexuality half way through that so it made me think of how easy I have it... I don't have a girlfriend obviously, I know I'm gay, and I live in a very gay friendly area. My dad made us walk through a gay pride parade when we were in Canada and happened to stumble upon one. So I am really feeling thos strong urge to get it over with. I want to be completely comfortable telling people that i'm gay. Right now because I'm not out, I don't correct people when they talk about me as if I like girls and I get uncomfortable when I have something to say About gay people or if I want to correct someone who says something wrong about gay people. I'm still in that mode where I instinctively am keeping it a secret and I hate it... Also I want to comeout on facebook but I'm friends with my cousins and my aunt who's father and husband is extremely homophobic. He's an asshole so I would assume it would end up with him telling my pArents for me. I want to tell them myself...

2. Sylver

You sound like someone who is ready... I"m not sure how much more I can say. Everyone has a trigger, and you've found yours. For me it was some very inspiring personal stories here on EC.

Make a plan, set yourself a schedule, figure out how you're going to do it, and then do it. The feeling of release and freedom once it's over and done with is incredible! :thumbsup: