1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooo am I screwed forever?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by D_Alejandro, May 27, 2010.

1. D_Alejandro

This actually may relate to some of you, but isn't being a gay man a little difficult when it comes to loyalty? Men, by nature, are sexual creatures. Women are less likely to cheat, right? And b/c gay men can't get pregnant, it's like "cum city".

So am I never going to find someone who is loyal to me? I know what a "non existent relationship" can do, but that's a whole lot different if you're in person.

Does anyone feel the same way? Am I screwed for life? Will I end up being lonely in the end? Any suggestions/comforting words/wisdom/advice?

Meh... :/

2. Zumbro

There is an easy way to answer this.

Could you ever be loyal to your partner? Do you think you'll cheat on them? Do you think you'll get too bored and leave a monogomous relationship?

If you answered yes, then yeah, you'll probably end up alone, because you'll end up cheating on your man. If, more likely, you answered no, then you'll be able to find someone eventually, we can only hope. You certainly aren't alone if you want a steady relationship, just because guys are a bit more sexual than women.

3. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww, hugs! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Meh, I don't subscribe to the whole "men are more sexual" thing; I think it is bullcrap. I mean:

female friend 1: "Sometimes I just can't get my mind off of a good hard cock"
    female friend 2: "The bruises on me knees? Metal bed frame."
    female friend 3: "Hey, he has brown hair...that's hot"
    female friend 4: "I don't know, if I was never going to see him again, there's nothing wrong with some fun"

MY MOTHER TO MY SISTER: "There are too people you can date in this world: The One, and Not The One.

And just because he isn't the one, doesn't mean you can't have fun."

They aren't less sexual than men, its just less socially acceptable for them to act like they are as sexual as men are supposed to be. When they do, they are sluts, loose, whorish, immoral. When men do, they are just being men, exercising some uncorroborated speculation that millions of years ago the males of a species we only have a jaw bone of and are now long extinct TOTALLY tried to screw anything with a hole. Its science.

I think the whole perceived "gay scene" of promiscuity has more do with the cultural expectation that men naturally separate sex from emotional attachment than some deep-seated need to get off in someone every five minutes. Also, like the association of femmes with male gayness, the gay club scene is the more visible side of homosexuality, so we think it is ubiquitous.

So it's okay, there are plenty of gay guys out there who aren't just looking for a one night stand (myself, for instance). Look at my (insert complicated family relation here): he and his partner have been together for at least 30 years.

4. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about two and a half years now, and we plan on remaining in a monogamous and committed relationship. I have never had sex with another guy, and don't plan on it, and he has only ever had a brief sexual encounter besides (and before) me.

So, if the fact that such a relationship does actually exist in real life would help you feel any better, well now you know that they certainly do exists. Hopefully that can help comfort you, along with this, (*hug*)

#4 Kevin42, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  5. paco

paco Guest

naw, girls are just as sexual as guys..they just don't brag about it cause girls can be called sluts and whores etc and guys..well can't.

on a more personal note, random sex is just not something i like much. who wants that awkward morning after anyway?

6. I think that both genders are equally horny, honestly. A year ago, I was afraid that I could never be able to find a monogamous partner. I know that I would give it my all in a relationship, but I don't know about the other end. I'd rather be celibate than forced to have random sex if I can't find someone to be with. The thought of that scares me, to tell you the truth. I'm also really picky with things, so I'm afraid that I could end up alone forever. That would be impossible to deal with. :frowning2:

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg this is what I posted about in the Chit Chat Section, the topic labeled "Getting Pissed off with Gay Men". Maybe check it out? :slight_smile: But yeah I feel the SAME way.

8. titaniumCloset

One of my fag hags can't stop about getting cock. Trust me, they love sex just as much as we do, its just not as socially accepted for them to be so obvious about it. If a guy says they want to fuck some girl they're a pimp, if a girl says she wants to fuck some dude she's a whore.

I think there are definitely guys (like us) out there that want a steady relationship and don't want to just go fuck every guy we see. I think as more and more people come out and it becomes "accepted" to be dating, more guys will be dating. I feel in past generations it was taboo and I think more people would never come out so less people were interested in dating and more interested in just cum dumpstering in some guys bussum.

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, that's a really good point. If your relationship is already a dirty secret, taking on an extra dirty secret is probably less of a big step. And if society is telling you "your relationship doesn't count", by withholding equal rights, it probably does feed back into how gay people see relationships: as less than a big deal.

That said, even if men are, on average, more likely to cheat, averages say nothing. You don't fall in love with "the average male", but with a specific one. And there's no shortage of guys who fall on the loyal side of the spectrum.

In fact, for all the talk I hear about promiscuous gay guys being the norm, I find few of those in my vicinity. It seems everyone I know of here is committed to long-term relationships, and even those that have lots of relationships seem to break up if it doesn't work out rather than cheating. This might be because I keep away from the wilder parties, but still, it proves that real love and loyalty is out there!

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I feel the same way. I know I'd be faithful to anyone I dated. I guess some people are loyal.... too few though.

And I think guys are more sexual than girls. It's just the way we are programmed.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't forget about the case where I think they proved something about how your parents feel about your relationship life kind of affects it. Like I think there was some study about showing how those who are out to their parents have better relationships, even if the parents cut them off, just being out there. Whereas those in the closet often are unable eto maintain relationships for some reason. I will try to find info about this for proof/reference, but for now that's all I'm sayin' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. xequar

Remember, not everyone is meant to be in monagamous relationships, as much as societal conventions would tell you otherwise. Personally, I can't imagine being in an open relationship, but I have friends that have managed it quite well for years. If you're looking for "The One", then you'll have to sort through some of the "Serial Monagamist" types to find him.

13. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Women do a fair amount of cheating too... If you can handle not cheating on someone so can many people... I, for one, am extremely against cheating and cheaters because really all it says is that person doesnt have the balls to cut it off with someone before they move on, and that's just being a coward.

14. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG, what a great thread! Great posts and insight shared here. thanks ec'rs.

15. D_Alejandro

Thanks for the replies you guys. I love seeing how everyone has a different point of view about this. I feel a bit better. And yes this is a great discussion! :slight_smile:

16. AlyssWonderland

Girls are definately sexual ;D
    Its just that when girls sleep around, they're whores. When guys do its just... being a guy.

17. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thats why where i come from there is the term man whore

18. TroubledRyan

ya well think of this logicaly
    If you are looking for a serious relationship,even if you are gay...there are bound to be other gay guys that are looking for the same thing (like me)...so don't worry about it.

19. secret garden

Don't worry, I'm sure there are serious guys out there, I'm one of them :slight_smile:
    Believe me, you're not the only one looking for a serious, meaningful relationship.
    You just need to take the time and find a nice guy.
    Make sure you get to know the guy you're dating before jumping into a "relationship" 'cause different people have different ideas of what a relationship is. I once went out with a guy who thought we were in a relationship after 3 dates, on the other hand I had a guy who slept around and thought it was cool since gay guys are like that. That's just stereotypical, just because you're gay it doesn't mean you should be a whore. In time, you'll be able to tell apart the slutty guys and the nice ones, just hang in there and never give up! :slight_smile:

20. Just Adam

cheating isnt to do with gender or sexuality, if your a loyal loving caring person you wont cheat on your partner, the harder part can be having faith in them to not cheat on you....

personally i could never cheat on my partner. its just not cool.