1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginning not to like a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mogget, May 29, 2010.

1. Mogget

So I made two friends this year (more than two, but only these two matter). One I'd known from earlier (call her Katy), the other is her best friend (call her Erin). We have quite a bit in common, and I liked them both. Thing is, lately I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable around Erin. She likes to brag about being able to lie easily and manipulate people, and while I suspect a lot of it's bravado, I don't like it.

She also seems a bit selfish, and has an annoying habit of claiming not to like me but to be willing to spend time with me because I'm smart and interesting. And more generally, I'm just beginning to not really like her (not totally sure why) and feel like maybe she's not someone I want to be around.

Thing is, like I said, Katy's her best friend, and they tend to do just about everything together and I still like Katy. She's pretty awesome and sweet. So I'm not sure what I should do: Keep quiet about my discomfort, but also keep my guard up; try to spend less time with both of them; actively remove Erin from my circle of friends; try to spend less time with Erin without actively removing her? I'm not sure.

Maybe my discomfort will go away, maybe I'm just being silly. I don't know. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Ok.. so She lies, manipulates people and shes selfish, and she claims not like you. In my opinion I don't think shes a friend to keep.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Listen to your instincts. Even if it is bravdo, being able to lie and manipulate is NOT something to be proud of.

Cut the ties before you get crapped on.