1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still pretty new to the whole 'coming out' process... sigh.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlyssWonderland, May 29, 2010.

1. AlyssWonderland

I suck at coming out. Pretty much for me its always been an accident to tell someone or I was forced into it. When I first told my now best friend, it was just the perfect time to tell him. Since then [october] I haven't had that good time to tell. The last time someone found out was because my best friend told the girl I liked for me.

But now I really want to tell these two girls Allison and Eden. I have no idea how to though. How can I bring it up to them and kind of make that good time to tell them instead of waiting for it to show up?

I hate lying to them, they're really great friends and I want to be honest with them completely. I know that they'll accept it, too, so I don't know why its so hard for me to do this. I've tried telling Allison before but I guess I said it a little too subtlely in conversation that she didn't even notice it. We were talking about gay rights and how this girl that used to be my best friend for 11 years was saying how "saying gay meaning stupid wasn't a big deal and we shouldn't be so sensitive about it".

Me: She said that to my face without even remembering that Gabriel is my best friend. I mean why can't all straight people care like you do?
    Allison: I know right! Are we the only ones?
    Me: Like I've even said to her 'hey guess what I like a girl' and she was all 'oh thats great gay rights win' and then she goes and says 'wow he's so gay, that faggot blah blah blah'.

And Allison didn't pick up on it. :dry: Ugh I'm so bad at this. Help? Please?

2. InaRut

Stop speaking subetly. There is two ways you can come out. The first one is waiting for the right time, where you sit in a conversartion and you just wait for the perfect segway into your confession.

The second is the better, and thats where you get the two of you alone and you say the line, "I've got something personal to tell you." Once you say those words consider it a point of no return.

Declare your sexuality!
    Tell her why you wanted to tell her so badly!
    and then eat, sleep, and be merry.

Now if you want the Walrus approach. Accidently get tagged kissing a guy on facebook. Have your friend IM you in the middle of class saying, "Are you gay?" Wait till everyone in your small home town hears it about it through the grapevine.

Later on...My friends now just introduce me as the gay friend. I never have to come out to anyone now!

3. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Do what i did… get a friend to blurt it out loud to another friend in a crowded library. >.< It worked! Better than expected lol.

4. chained butterfly

I told them just like this,
    "Alright, if you want to leave then leave but Im lesbian and if you got shit to say, say it now or forever hold your mouth [know i screwed up the saying]"

But were different. Do it through facebook, myspace, phone, text, face to face, any way that makes you feel comftorble.

~spellig FAIL~