1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed (boys)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by totallyfierce, May 29, 2010.

1. totallyfierce

Okay I have a friend who was a bassist in a band. He asked I could take nice professional looking pictures of the band. So we set up a day and I go over. The leader of the band is cute, so while I was taking the pictures the he kept staring at me. So after a while the drummer brings up how he saw gays dancing at a concert he went to. During this talk the leader looked into my eyes, I kinda got the feeling that he was into me, or I could just be over reacting. So since this, my friend has left the band. Should I still pursue this band leader. If I should, how, we don't go to the same school and have only met once. Should we become friends on facebook or something or should I just let this whole thing go?

2. Bryan90

I am horrible at love advice... so your discretion is advised.

A chance of making a fool of yourself vs a chance of finding love. What are you waiting for? :slight_smile:

Facebook is always a good place to start in my opinion... Then a chatting software (msn, wtv you're using)... then Walla...:icon_wink

All the best!!

3. totallyfierce

So facebook might be the way to go. Would it be weird to send a friends request since we don't even know each other, technically.

4. pteen

well it all depends if you ask me. If you like him then go ahead. and Facebook is a good place to meet people add him on Facebook find out if he's homophobic or not. Then ask him out. Then let fate take its course from there.

5. pteen

I don't think it would be random people add eachother all the time.

6. totallyfierce

I think I like him, i mean we've only met once. I am pretty sure that we have similar personalities, which are take charge personalities. Which might indicate that we wouldn't get a long, I've encountered others with a similar personality as I and we but heads.

7. pteen

well if your not completely sure you like him yet, get to know him and then make your decision. If you like him try to get that first date i think it'll work out. :thumbsup:

8. InaRut

I say add his as facebook and use photography as a cover if he's like, "Why is this random guy adding me."

But go for it! You barely met him so you can't let some one time judgements deter you away from something that could potential be magnificent. You don't know him in real lfe and your friend is disconnected with him...So what harm could really come out of it? He says no...Do you have to see him ever again. Not really by the sounds of it.

SO take a chance...TAke a chance...Take a Chance...*Goes and listens to Abba* (OH NO! It's happening again!)

9. totallyfierce

So I just added him on fb. Should I start a conversation with him?

10. pteen

that's what i'd do but try not to rush things. getting serious to fast could scare him away.

11. totallyfierce

So wait a day or a bit longer. How should I start a conversation, just be like " hey man sorry you lost your bassist. " then start chating about stuff.

12. pteen

yah that could work try and find a common interest.

13. hairdye

nobody has asked the big question...

IS HE GAY?

14. RaRa

Most likely not.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. You barely know this guy. Him looking into your eyes doesn't mean anything. Lots of guys look me in the eyes a ton, does that mean they all want to have sex with me? No.

Sorry but it had to be said. Befriend him if you want, that's totally cool, but just don't expect him to be your boyfriend after the first conversation.

15. Bryan90

Well he won't find out unless he asks :icon_wink

16. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

you could just say hi hows it goin? hows ur band getting on? then tell im if he dont remember you you were the one that did the photoshoot for his band. that way he wont read into it too much of why u added him. also would let you get time to figure out if he is gay or not.

17. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think of it this way... If someone added you seemingly randomly but you knew that you had met them in person, would you be weirded out by it? If you're not, chances are neither is he... and if he's into you, he'll be excited!

18. Plgrm43

I wouldn't even worry about if he's gay or not. Maybe you'll find he is a great friend, or you'll find he isn't the type of person you like at all. Who knows! Don't feel weird about anything, just go for. By virtue of the fact that you want to talk to him and friended him on facebook, you've already overcome the worst thing that you could have done... NOTHING!

GO for it :slight_smile:

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you asked your friend if the leader is gay?

You always have the pictures to fall back on. Contact the band through myspace or facebook, reintroduce yourself as the guy who took the pictures, and go from there. You can say "I really enjoyed taking those photos. Let me know if you ever need any more done, or if you'd like to do some live shots." Or ask if they liked them, or if they need prints.

Lex

20. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to offer a somewhat contrary opinion here.

I think you've done the perfect thing by adding him on fb. You can talk to him about the band and liking their music, you can talk about the photography, about losing their bassist, about anything you might have in common.

I've made some amazing FB friends that i've ended up later meeting in real life. One guy was someone who lived 1000 miles away, and made a video I found amusing and funny, so we started talking about that... since then, we've hung out each time he's been in town (half a dozen times), shared work on various projects together, and gotten to know each other well. I'm not interested in him relationship wise, because he's a lot younger, but he's still a fascinating person.

In your case, you don't need to know, at this moment, if he's gay. At the least, you might make a new friend. He might be straight, he might be gay and closeted, he might be out... but once you start talking to him and hanging with him, you'll get a chance to find out. And if he's straight... you still have a great friend, while if he's gay... just maybe the way he was looking at you was a sign of mutual interest :slight_smile: