1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationship stuff

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pvand, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently dating a guy and we've been together for almost two months now. We see each other once a week and text several times a week. But lately, he hasn't been texting as much and now I haven't heard from him since wednesday. I know he's busy and all, but this is kind of weird. I've sent him two messages and probably won't send any more because I don't want to come across as needy or clingy. Which I really am not.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Should I discuss how I feel next time I see him? We're both bad at talking about our feelings and he used to express how he felt through texting but if he can't do that anymore I feel I need to finally talk about this.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's always best to frame these things in terms of HIM rather than YOU. I know the true issue here is "I'M not getting the contact I want from YOU", but it'd probably be best to phrase it the other way. "I didn't hear much from you this week. Is everything OK? Did you want to talk about it?"

Lex

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there
    I'm currently in a long-distance relationship, my boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months now and I know exactly how you're feeling because its happened with me. There are going to be moments where the dialogue is going to stop a little, or become repetitive and stale. But if it's been a few days since you've heard from him I would try and chase him up, give him a phonecall. He may not be able to speak but you could leave him an answer phone message letting him know that you're concerned. It's possible that this is something the two of you should talk about, I know I spoke to my boyfriend about our frustration at not being able to see each other often (which thankfully will change very soon), but in the meantime you've got to keep the communication lines open, and especially if you're not getting many shared experiences together then conversation is going to dry up a bit.

Obviously it'll be different for the 2 of you, but even if its not something you usually do tell him how you feel. Maybe try and think of ways you can talk more, maybe every so often you should chat on the phone for a bit, or you could try writing letters to each other if he's better at expressing himself by writing.

4. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for the replies. I've spoken to him in the meantime and although I did panic a bit over nothing, you've been helpful. The relationship is pretty long-distance right now. And we're having enough trouble cramming in once a week as it is. I'm moving closer to him in the fall, so it will be fine. But it's definitely something I think we should talk about. Text messages do go stale and become repetitive. Gotta spice things up a bit every now and then. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Mogget

Have you considered IMing? My last bf and I managed most of our relationship via Facebook Chat.