1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay themed party

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, Jun 7, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it's gay pride month and a lesbian friend of mine is having a gay themed party after the parade. I'm not going to the parade because I'm working and I dunno how comfortable I would be with it as it goes right past my moms office(though I did go to one a few years ago in Quebec with my family, just to see what it's like.) but anyways I will deffinately be going to the party afterwards and I was thinking of specifically not dressing up in hopes that people will ask why I didn't dress for the theme I can tell them that I did, because I'm gay lol. Anyways I'm not sure anyone will ask but I really want to come out to friends soon because we keepp end up talking about gay things and thier perception of what coming out is like is way off. If they don't ask do you think I should just tell them? I keep going back and forth on the situation.

2. knight of ni

Maybe you could make them ask by turning up at the party wearing a teeshirt that says:

ME!

Then they'll either guess that wearing that at a gay-themed party is a big clue, or they'll ask about it.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha ha that's a wonderful idea! lol

4. RaRa

That can work. I mean I doubt anyone is gonna give you a negative reaction at a GAY themed party, just sayin. :slight_smile:

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha yeah RaRa, that's why I want to come out then... Anyone there is going to be accepting. It's too perfect, I cant pass it up!

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww. Ok so lame, but they decided to not make it a themed party. So lame. Maybe i'll just go with the gay theme anyways.