1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything is going too fast, where are the brakes?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So yesterday was the first time ive seen my girlfriend in 2 weeks. She had gone to toronto for a few days to anime north, and came back with souveniers for me. Anyway, while we were hanging out in my room and talking, i found out something important: shes moving out on her own in december.

I don't want to say shes being kicked out, but its fairly close to that. Her mom and stepdad are moving with her 2 sisters and brother to Niagra, Ontario around that time, shes being left here cause she needs to continue in college.

At the time, I suggested we might be able to find something together, seeing as by that time we would have been going out for ten months, roughly.

At the time, it seemed like a good idea, and now I'm really panicked, and I don't want to just go and say to her, oh lets find places on our own first, but I don't know how to nicely tell her that this is way too fast for me.

She's really sensitive, and she tells her mom everything. Already everyone thinks that I dont like her because I dont show my feelings on my sleeve the way she does. I don't want to stress out and NOT say anything and regret it later, but I'm not sure how to approach this without hurting her.

Help?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you feel that it is too fast for you, I think being honest with her and saying to her "I feel we might be moving a bit too fast by moving in together, but here is a solution, what are your thoughts about it?" or, "I'm wondering if we are moving a bit too fast, by moving in together, how would you feel about if we give it some more thought and time before making that decision?" Another thing you could do is ask her "How do you feel about us moving in together? I'm asking because I feel as if we are moving a bit too fast" (or something similar to that).

If you are concerned about as to how she might react, try to work your worries and her possible reactions into your conversation with her. Include her in that decision as much as you can.

Yes, and I agree with you that the last thing you want to do is to move in only to discover that this is not right for you or that it was a mistake, because that (in the worst case scenario) could end your relationship with her.

That said, I think one solution would be to find something that you two can share but still gives the both of you enough privacy. For example, rather than trying to find an apartment, find something where you have two rooms and share the kitchen and bathroom, or a similar set up.

Hope this helps!