1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pete19, Jun 10, 2010.

1. pete19

So...obviously i'm trans but I'm literally 5'2. I mean does anyone think that is going to cause problems with relationships? That's horribly short for a guy...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Honestly, I don't think it matters at all. If someone really likes you for you, your height should never become an issue. It is just a normal and regular part of you.

If you look at relationships, they are built on acceptance, understanding and trust. A large part of it is accepting the other person for who that person is and that includes also all of your physical aspects. If someone doesn't accept you and makes an issue out of your height, that person isn't interested in really getting to know you.

3. pete19

yeah...I mean I'm going to have to find acceptance all the way around because the 'trans' thing is such a long process. They are going to have to have patience and really love me to be with me I guess.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If it is any comfort, I have a couple of friends who are transgender (FTM and MTF) and they have found acceptance and people that love them and share their life with them. It is possible to find people who will accept you and also who will be interested in you and want to pursue a relationship.

As it is said, love grows over time. As someone gets to know you and you share things with that person, both of you will either create connections that will bring the two of you closer and allow you to explore the option of entering into a relationship or will allow you to say, 'maybe it is best to stay friends.'

If someone is really interested in you as a person and really loves you, that person will also come to accept and understand you.

5. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If someone truly loves you, height is irrelevant.

Also, if it makes you feel better, the only guy I've ever had a crush on is 5'0". :slight_smile:

6. pete19

lol thanks that does make me feel better. But no worries...98% of guys i've had a crush on have been gay. v.v Which works for me now but didn't back then lol.

7. Mogget

You're more likely to meet people who won't date you because you're trans than because you're short. There will be people who won't date you for one or the other or both, and your best bet is to say, "Y'know what? F*ck you!"

8. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'm 5'0". And I know that I'm a girl, so I guess it's more "acceptable" to be short, but I know a lot of people who love short people of both genders. A lot of people think we're cute. xD

9. Apocalypte

Don't forget - good things come in small packages :grin:

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Read my mind exactly. You get avoid the annoying tippytoes situation which is a major plus in my book. I hate when I'm trying to kiss a guy and I have to strain to stay balanced due to ridiculous height difference.

Only being able to kiss sitting takes some of the spontaneity out of it.

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Meh dont care about hight. Its the person I would like nothing else. Would be there problem that they didn't like my height not mine. :grin:

12. Dilemma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yup completely agree with this, I'm a 5'2" girl.
    And a lot of people I know really don't mind about height, so I wouldn't worry too much. The right person is going to accept you for who you are :slight_smile:

13. Daniel

My best friend is trans and 5'2"as well. He has found his height really isn't an issue. It's the whole pre-surgery thing that throws him off his game. Since you seem to be mostly attracted to men anyway, they won't be hung up on being the taller one in the relationship. (As often that is). I've found it to be true from what I've seen that most women don't like dating a man shorter than them...but there is hope! Some honestly are okay with dating someone shorter.

14. AlyssWonderland

Height doesnt matter.
    You're not short, you're funsized. :grin:

15. riddlerno1

Shock Horror mate!! Im 5"1 and i am a guy!!! and you know what ive grown up with being the short one and it only is something that bothers you if you let it! Yeah of course its unusual but the people that like you wont really care about your height!! If you are comfortable and walk tall then ive noticed that others wont care either. Its more aboout the confidence.

You know what, use it to your advantage, be the one who stands out!! I now get surprised when i see another short dude anywhere!! I wanna say " hey im supposed to be the only short one here!!" :grin:

16. titaniumCloset

LOL! So true - I love short girls, they're so cute. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm gay though so I'll pick you up and give you a giant hug but that's as far as we're going haha

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Will it cause problems? It may. You might run into guys who aren't interested in dating someone that short. But those tend to be the same sorts of guys who feel guys should also be a certain weight, have a certain size dick, and make a certain income. In other words, they'd probably find some other reason to cross you off the list anyway. :grin: So don't fret it.

Lex

18. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Shorter guys are hot, especially since I'm so damn tall. I can't even walk into my house without hitting my head on something.