1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when im 18yo

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jayden, Sep 9, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im 16yo now but 17yo in january. if me and my friend are together heaps and he is 14yo but 15yo very soon is this ok??? do you think my age is to older for him??? when im 18yo he will only still be 16yo. im worried a bit about this!!! could i get in trouble if im 18yo and he will be only still 16yo??? what does every one think???

2. Micah

If you are 18, and he is 16, then Australian law says it is perfectly fine.

However, if you are 18, and he is 15, then this is a bit of "grey area" in Australian law, because there are 2 laws which contradict each other.

One law states that the age of consent is 16, and no one under the age of 16 can lawfully consent to sexual activity.

However, Another law states that for anyone under the age of 21, a "4 year grace" is given, whereby so long as the two people are within 4 years age of one another, it is lawful.

Basically, there shouldn't be too much of an issue, so long as you believe you are doing the right thing. How do you feel with him?

3. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me and my girlfriend have a 4 year difference between us. I think that as long as you feel that you two are right for one another, you should go for it. Just be careful with the law.

4. Kat22

I am a couple of months shy of being 3 years older than my girlfriend. As long as you feel no laws are being broken and neither one of you is uncomfortable with it, you two are fine. Also, you are a little young to be getting this serious, but the way my girlfriend and I look at it, when I am 40 and she is 38, no one will even care!

5. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Yea, I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference if you are both comfortable and mature enough with the relationship. I'd just be careful with the law, but if the age of consent is 16 there (I believe its 18 in a lot of the US) then you should be fine =) Goodluck!

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks every one for the answers to my question about my age and peters age. im not as worried now as i was