1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know like differences between university in America and in Europe?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I was talking with a teacher who moved to Europe and she suggested that some of my friends and I consider going to Europe for an exchange program or for University. I'm thinking I would rather do it for university than an exchange program.

I know that I would be far away from family and friends and I wouldn't be able to visit as much as if I lived an hour away. But I really want to get out of this state. I like it here but I just don't feel like staying will offer me anything new or that will be like a catalyst for me to change and grow as a person. I kind of feel like I've seen it all done it all considering I've lived here since birth.

But yeah, I'm about to start researching it and such. Do you know of anything that could point me in the right direction? Obviously Google (lol) but if you know of anything else let me know please. : )

2. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

It's definitly worth considering. In terms of being gay and out, Europe is probably definitly better than America. I live in Europe and it's completely a non-issue in the university world. Although it does depend on where you go, the further east you go the less tolerant the people generally become.