1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad used my computer

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blueeyedcutie, Jun 12, 2010.

1. blueeyedcutie

and this site was up. I lied to him saying that I was reading something my friend sent me. I feel like I should of just told him I was bi. I feel like I betrayed myself. Ugh, I'm really hating me but I want to be absolutely sure that I am bisexual. Was it bad that I lied to him?

2. EM68

Don't hate yourself. Just take a breath. It sounds like your are not sure that your are bi. I think you should be comfortable with being bi before you come out to anyone. When you do come out to him just say 'you know how you saw EC well its because I am bi. I wanted to make sure before I said anything to you'. Remember coming out is not a race come out to others when you are ready. Good luck!!

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry! Often when things happen in the spur of the moment you just can't help but say what you say. It's a protective mechanism. You'll come out in time, don't get upset at yourself because of that happening. It'll come in time :slight_smile:

4. concklin

it's not bad that you lied. sure you may feel bad about it, but you weren't ready to tell him at the time. when you do feel ready, sit him down and talk about it.

honestly, since he saw you were on this site, he's probably still thinking about it despite you telling him you were just reading something a friend sent you, because he might be thinking "why would a friend send her that?"

so who knows, he might even be expecting something now. regardless it's about when you are ready, even if you feel guilty for lying

5. titaniumCloset

That quote validates that it was not a good time to come out for you. Be SURE before you come out. Whether it be straight, bi or gay, I'd be 100% sure myself before coming out.