1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think people suspect

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkcheesse, Jun 12, 2010.

1. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    in the last few weeks a fair few have asked me. i feel like a c*** every time i denie it by using misdirection and essantaly confusing them. i dont why people are asking me anyways because the people i have come out to all gasped on average for 5 minutes. everytime someone asks me i want to tell them so badly but my fears always seem to get the best of me. plus my sister keeps asking me on the subject i dont want to tell her for the main reason of i dont like her and its non of her business. any advice on how to kick the closet door down?

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah... here's how you do it. Get used to the idea of being gay, then start telling people when they ask. I would LOVE it if everyone asked me if I was gay. It's easier for you to answer "yes" than have to bring it up and be like "I have to tell you something. I'm gay"

I know it's hard and scary
    but lots of people wont ask unless they're okay with it. homophobic people would rather ignore the issue all together.

3. Ralivar

You shouldn't feel bad about not being able to tell people. You may want to answer yes but there is obviously a part of you which isn't ready for lots of people to know yet.

I agree with this, I think once you are ready to tell people then you will just be able to do it.

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

To get used to the idea is to look into a mirror and say "I'm gay" to your self until it starts feeling like its nothing.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Don't beat yourself over not being able to come out yet. You are obviously not there yet and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone goes at their own pace.

I like the idea of saying it to yourself in the mirrior. Also, have you talked about "gay things" to the people that you are out to? Like, guys you find attractive or lgbt right? That may let you feel like its something normal and not something you should hide.

6. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i talk to the friends i am out to but only in private. they keep sujesting i should tell more people but i cant idk why. i want to tell the world but instead i cower in fear of what they might say or think.

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the same problem. Eventually, we will both feel confident enough to tell people. It's a matter of time, since we're comfortable with ourselves. :slight_smile: