1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling if he likes guys...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ivyjock, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ivyjock

So there are probably a ton of questions out there about this, sorry if this is repetitive. I think my situation is a little unique.

I went to high school with this guy and I think he is realllllly cute. Better yet, he has a great personality. Anyway, on his facebook it says he is "interested in men and women" but, as some of you guys probably know, while at college if someone leaves their facebook page logged in, changing things around is fair game.

I want to talk to him about it esp if he is bi, but I haven't really talked to him for about a year. So I really can't just ask him. Anybody have any suggestions? I don't really want to be a creeper that sends him an anonymous email haha that has been my only idea so far :/

2. TroubledRyan

Well...if u go to the same college just talk to him ND become friends.if not then just make Casual convo by email daily 'til the opertunity to ask is best

3. bironey

Out Status:
    All but family
    While you're talking to him, "...oh dude I couldn't tell you were bi by the way until I saw it on your facebook. One of my best friends is bi, too." See how he reacts. If he is bi, then you can tell him it wasn't really your friend you were just testing the waters - he'll understand. If he's not you just laugh, "haha says your gay on facebook lolz!"

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone's gotta be that creepy guy... why not let it be you?
    there's nothing wrong with asking someone their sexual preference. If they're not ready then they wont answer or skirt around it or lie. They wont say they're gay or bi if they're not.
    Go for it dude, message the guy, it could turn out great for you!

5. concklin

well considering the amount of time you haven't talked to him, suddenly starting to and then bringing up the "interested in" thing might be a little weird. especially if it was just the result of someone messing with his page.

what i would do is talk to someone you're still close with from high school who also knows him. and ask that person about it. if that person knows, you'll get your answer. if not, then maybe if that other friend cares, they'll ask this guy about it.

or if you really want to be the one to ask him about it, start by just saying hi, the casual "i haven't talked to you in a while, what's up?"

and then catch up, ask how life has been, the usual. and then find some way to bring it up, like "oh dude, i noticed your info on facebook. did someone mess with your page or is that all you?" and then see what happens

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The general rule here is "come out to him first". If that would be weird because you don't know him very well, get to know him better first. And if he ends up being straight, you might end up with a cool straight friend. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. 4 seat

Haha, my friends did this to me all the time. It's annoying, but kinda funny too.

It's been like a week, so if nobody's commented or he hasn't changed it yet, it's prob true that he is bi. Also, whenever my friends would do this stuff, they wouldn't just change the interested section, they would change my religious views to "COCK", political views to "BUTTSEX", and then put something really really dirty as my status. Sometimes even change my name. So, yeah, if it doesn't look like there's any other things messed up, he's prob bi.

You could approach it humorously and be like "Hey long time no talk, looks like someone's having fun with your stats, haha" or some crap like that. All you're doing is pointing it out humorously, and if he says "no, I'm actually bi, that's not a joke", then you just laugh and say my bad or something. Ha. It could work. Update on this?

8. ANightDude

I'm gonna have to totally agree with this.

Chances are, if he has it on facebook, he's bi. The chances of it being and hacking and him not noticing (or anyone not pointing it out to him) are pretty slim. Bring it up in conversation, and build up from there. But remember, even if it doesn't work out romantically, there could be a great friendship that forms too. :thumbsup:

9. pete19

Yeah I would just send him an email and be liek...'dude since when are you bi!? I saw it on your facebook. That's really killer =]' or something like that. You don't have to make it creepy or even personal. then you just test the waters from there.

10. Zumbro

I'm going to have to remember this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't really think it's too much of an issue to just send him a message asking about it. Sometimes you stalk people you haven't seen in a while, or haven't spoken to, just to reconnect. Send him a message asking about it, and if he isn't, just tell him that you thought he might want to fix it. Granted, if you weren't really friends in high school, it might seem a bit odd, but hey, it's worth a try.

11. ivyjock

thanks for all the good ideas.. now i just gotta strap on a pair an talk to him! haha