1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BudderMC

I've been feeling incredibly lonely lately. Partly because of my realizations, and the whole "so close yet so far" kinda deal.

By no means am I a very social person, I talk with my friends during school and that, but otherwise, I'm usually content being by myself for the most part.

If it's like an inner-loneliness and not a social loneliness, anyone have any suggestions to get over it..?

...though I guess on the plus side, this might be the perfect opening to someone going "hey, what's wrong?", and I can carry on with my story. But still, this feeling sucks.

2. itsmebryan92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ahh i think i know what you mean.. is it the feeling like you do have friends but you dont have anyone to REALLY talk to?

for how to get over it.. im still not sure.. coz i think im in the same state...

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

How would you feel about joining a social activity group or a LGBT support group in your area? Even though you feel content about being by yourself at times, it seems that a part of you wants to explore a different side, and probably wants to see what else is out there so to speak. It could be that a part of you is 'craving' to explore things that would allow you to create friendships and get to know people to whom you can relate to. Having regular contact with people, and having the feeling of perhaps being part of something or having something to look forward to and being able to relate to others could help with your inner-loneliness.

Being 'so close yet so far', is perhaps one of the reasons as to why you experience the inner-loneliness. Having contact with other LGBTs can perhaps help you on a couple of fronts. One, as mentioned it could help you to overcome the feeling of inner-loneliness but it could also help you in figuring things out and perhaps starting to feel more comfortable with yourself.

Hope this helps a bit. (*hug*)