1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

highschool !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chained butterfly, Jun 14, 2010.

1. chained butterfly

I'm going to high school in september and well we ALL know how that goes.
    Homophobic people
    Homophobic teachers
    Homophobic shit to deal with.... like i didn't already deal with that.

But I posted this to say, PEOPLE OF EC! WILL YOU SUPPORT THIS STRAIGHT LESBIAN IN HIGHSCHOOL? XD

On a side note, I'm so excited to go to hs =] I mean..... it's hs!!!! :slight_smile: Oh, and i love you people of EC:slight_smile:

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are some awesome students and teachers in high school, don't sweat it. :slight_smile:

3. Rikudo

Well don't assume things are always gonna be bad. I personally love my highschool but I guess that's rare cause most people here seem to hate it.
    Don't worry if you ever need to talk you can always message me. Although I don't think I'd be too good with girl talks. XD

4. Allistair

Allistair Guest

I just finished High School and it really wasn't the big deal it was made out to be. Trust me you'll be fine and you will survive it, and no not everything is going to be Homophobic like you assume it's going to be. You will meet a ton of people and you will make a ton of new friends. There will be some homophobes but those are pretty much everywhere. Just have fun and stay in High School. Your also going to make so many memories that it's crazy. Not all of them will be good, but you are going to have some great ones. So as a recent High School graduate im going to tell you to take it 1 step at a time, and have a blast.

5. jazzrawr

Well, in grade nine you may have a bit of trouble with homophobia. I didn't come out until grade 11, when everyone had matured a bit. XD
    There are some great people in high school though, so have fun with it! High school was fantastic for me, just enjoy it while it lasts. ^_^

6. RaRa

You're going to high school in New York, I doubt it'll be that bad.

Sure you'll have tons of students saying "that's so gay" but they don't really mean it like that. At least not most of them.

Enjoy yourself, high school can be really great if you keep an open mind.

7. AlyssWonderland

Its not as bad as you think :slight_smile: Sure there are some homophobes, there are some everywhere. Its not everyone though. Plus, you'll meet some amazing people, meet more lgbt people, and high school can be alot of fun. I'm finishing freshman year on Friday.

8. thevre

God damn, at first I was like where the hell are you going to school...

But seriously, I found middle school to be 100x more treacherous than high school. Just because everyone's still so immature and insecure and arrogant because of it. High school was a breeze.

9. Zumbro

High school is almost exactly like middle school, so if you're fine there, you'll be fine in high school. Reason being, it's all the same people. The 8th graders when you were in 6th grade will be there. there will only be one class you'll never have seen. And most seniors don't want to get near freshmen, let alone spend time harassing them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The lesbians at my high school were looked down upon though, but for reason. Between every period, for years,they were there making out in the hall. Don't do that, straight or gay. Get a room.

10. Markio

When I started high school, I had braces I was allergic to, bad acne, I was on Accutane (skin medication that makes you depressed), and was secretly gay. It was hard for me to transition to a new school with all of these sudden issues after going to the same elementary school for ten years with the same people with no real change or conflict.
    For me, high school was tough at first, but it's a great time for opportunity! :grin: I think you'll do great. And there's always EC here if you feel rejected or like you're surrounded by idiots. :wink:

11. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what do you mean straight lesbian? thats and oxymoron.

12. Étoile

As my graduation's this Thursday, I can tell you that high school really depends on who you are and who your classmates are. Everyone's experience is different; some people would want to do it again, some people's experience was pretty neutral (me), and others hated it.

You'll meet some incredible people, make new friends, stick with old ones, and probably drift away from some. Don't worry; people naturally find new interests and grow apart. Some of your classmates will stay the same, others may be unrecognizable by the end of Sophomore year.

There'll be idiots, homophobes, attention whores, regular whores, backstabbers, and drama fiends but that's anywhere you go. Don't let them distract you from succeeding and enjoying your 4 years. You'll have mindblowingly spectacular and groundbreakingly awful times, but both come with life. Don't dwell on the bad times; see them as learning experiences so you won't make the same mistakes twice.

Don't get lazy! It's easier said than done, trust me, but don't let your grades slip. It's okay to take it easy sometimes, but don't let procrastination get the best of you. There'll be days where watching paint dry is more interesting than your classes and days where you don't even want to get out of bed, but trudge along soldier. Failing classes are no fun and you definately don't want to be a "super senior".

Have fun! Don't take yourself too seriously. Do sports and extracurricular activities. Go out with friends as much as possible. High school rolls by quickly and you only have this one time to be a teenager. Never do anything that's not you to try to fit in or lose your identity. It's not worth betraying your friends or yourself to be cool. Also, try to stay away from alcohol and drugs. If you absolutely must drink, keep a handle on how much you drink and always do it around people you can trust. And please, no drunk driving.

Just remember: High school isn't your whole life. Whether you have an amazing or terrible time, life will move on. Those years will soon be distant memories. Still, enjoy them to the fullest.

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lesbian = a female who likes females, and a straight one would mean she likes what lesbians like = females.

Btw people are too optimistic about high school. It's not that bad but it's not amazing. I don't know how anyone would regret missing it.

14. Étoile

Believe it or not, some people had a blast their high school years. A popular football player I know was really sad about graduating.

It makes sense: no bills, way less responsibilities, part-time job, great friends, youth, flirting, young love, no kids, having a social position, sports, ECs, parties. If you fit in and have good friends, it can be the life.

15. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you'll be fine. There are a lot of accepting people at high schools, although there are always the haters too. I work at a high school often so I see all types of students. I'm sure you'll fit in fine. :thumbsup:

16. stevie

highschcool can be fine, please dont have negative assumptions before you even start. and public kissing and stuff isnt good whether gay or straight in hs. those are my thoughts. thanks