1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I come out to her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spit Fire, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Spit Fire

Ok so my gf is les, she is dating me because im a "girl". I love her lots and I want her to know im trans, how do I do this without her breaking it off with me. I mean she means alot to me and I feel she has the right to know. How do I tell her? Like what are some things I should start off with?
    I mean I dress like a guy, and all my friends know.

I don't need her to accept it right off the bat, I mean I know it will take awhile and I have to let her think. But how should I do it tho.

2. pirateninja

Just tell it to her straight. Be direct and honest, tell her that you feel more comfortable as a guy, let her know that you understand it's a lot for her to take in, let her know that you are willing to give her time to come round to it, and let her know that you don't want to lose her over it.

Ask her for her opinions as well and what she thinks of it. And let her ask questions to you, as there's no doubt that she probably will have some to ask.

Whatever you do, just like coming out in any situation, don't let it build into an argument, as it is easily done. Just keep calm, be direct, be honest, and let her input or ask questions if she wants.

Good luck. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3. Spit Fire

W00000000T I did it. We were tossing her teddy around so I made a game out of it. Asked her questions she has me, then when she guess if I was trans I was like *2 thumbs up* you just won the game. It went over well, she is referring to me as her bf and using male pronouns and my chosen name. she said she will always be here for me and that she will support whatever I do.

It was my best coming out experience ever.

4. EWU2012

Congrats!!! :slight_smile: It's cool that she is so supportive. Oh and I like how you made a game to do it.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Glad it went so well and that she is supportive. That's awesome! :slight_smile:

7. pirateninja

That's super awesome :grin: Congrats and a clap on the back for coming out to her. (!)(!)(!)

8. Eleanor Rigby

That is fantastic :slight_smile: Congratulations for coming out to her. That's awesome that she took it so well and that she is so supportive. You're really lucky to have such a wonderful girlfriend.

9. xCrazyInsanity

I know i told you this earlier but

I'm really happy for ya hun.
    (*hug*)

10. pokeypanda

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Thats GREATT! I'm soooo glad that it all worked all well. You have an amazing girlfriend!