1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uhm...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pete19, Jun 15, 2010.

1. pete19

So I'm trans right? Well I'm ftm...but I am bi...leaning on gay. So like...Idk I just need some general advice on how to cope with this. I know that is vague but I'm really struggling with it.

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What about it bothers you?

3. pete19

I don't know...I guess i'm worried about how ppl are going to deal with it. It's not a normal 'trans' thing. although idk what about me i expect to be 'normal'

4. Zumbro

Though it is often confused, sexual orientation and sexual identity are not the same. It is possible to be a lesbian stuck in a man's body, a gay man in a woman's body, or any combination of such. It is for this reason that the DSM-IV lists sexual identity disorder as such, and not sexual orientation. With the correct insurance and references, you may not have to pay for a sex-change operation yourself, as it is a disorder where you are truly in the wrong body, which can be treated. Sexual orientation cannot be treated, as there is no particular "correct" orientation, even if some are less common than others.

They're a bit tough to separate, but basically, it's ok to transition to a gay lifestyle along with your gender transition.

5. pete19

So it can be considered a disorder if it causes you mental anguish...liek hmm. I'm trying to understand how on earth you would get the insurance to pay for it.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What kind of support systems do you have where you live? Are your parents supportive? Is there any groups you can go to?

7. pete19

My dad is but he is in fl. My mom isn't at all. My big sister is...she is my biggest supporter. And then my best friend is but she doesn't understand much about it...but she is really trying. And no not until I go to school in the fall. I'm stuck in a rut until then.