1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought it was fine...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gera-Kun, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Gera-Kun

Ok, there's something i haven't told you guys...while i started coming out, one of my very good friends has changed....for the worst. ok, we started having fights every once in a while, how he couldn't control his homophobic comments when we chat in the internet...I swear, just cause it's on the internet, he thinks he could say whatever the fuck he wants! and at school, he started being bitchy and saying that i'm confused to the max. ok, that's not all. one time he acctually called me a fag! The nerve! i got so mad i blocked him everywhere i had him. like about three days later, we made up, and we were friends again, or so i though. he still continued giving homophobic comments while chatting, so i decided not to chat with him unless he talked to me first...so it was going fine,till yesterday...i got on msn and started chatting with him... here's how it went:

(BTW, he always refered to ppl that he never talks to 'humans" i swear, that's just stupid.)
    ~Gera-Kun~ said: Hey Dumbo!^^
    [c=49]Airu, Twilight Space Guardian[/c] said: shut up pika only friends can call me dumbo.
    ~Gera-Kun~ said: oh, & what am i?
    [c=49]Airu, Twilight Space Guardian[/c] said: a normal human.
    ~Gera-Kun~ said: >.> why the sudden change?
    [c=49]Airu, Twilight Space Guardian[/c] said: let me ask you again why you suddenly turn gay?
    ~Gera-Kun~ said: I was always gay you ass
    [c=49]Airu, Twilight Space Guardian[/c] said:
    then you were always a normal human to me.
    ~Gera-Kun~ said: you know what? if that's how you see it, then screw you!
    *I went up and blocked him*
    (Pika is my nickname, which EVERONE on the tennis team calls me...and Dumbo is his.)

well, if you know what i've been through trying to keep this friendship up, you'd understand how angry i am at him. I'm Fuckin pissed off at him! the second i see him, i swear i could punch the living hell out of him....but i won't...unlike him, i know how to contain my anger. but this passed the line...i'm never gonna be his friend again. he is such a bitch! he just totally messed it up...

2. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry that you had to experience that reaction from a friend. You turn to friends for support & guidance, not to be judged & picked on.

It just goes to show that some people haven't been taught that there's nothing 'wrong' with homosexuality. I have yet to recieve a negative response, but I do expect at least a few when I come out more. Do you think that he may be embarassed or just uncomfortable with the fact you are gay? I know of some people who refused to hang out with gay people for fear it would 'undermine' their own popularity.

I also dislike when he asked you about suddenly 'turning' gay. It makes as much sense as asking "Why does a dog bark?" Because it just does, that's why.I understand that everyone has their own beliefs on why people are homosexual, but he can't comment on it if he has no idea what he's talking about.

I don't know if you will endeavor to try & stay friends with him. He may just need time to get used to it (some people freak-out a little bit & react badly). But personally, someone who makes those sort of comments isn't much of a friend in my books. You have every right to be pissed off.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

i agree maybe he does need time to come to terms on you being gay.How long has he known?Either way I agree with Revealed that he really doesn't sound like a friend at all,especially if he has known for a while and is acting like an asshole to you.I hope you figure out what would be best for you in this situation.
    Good Luck

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The guy is a total jerk. This is not a person that just needs some education, this is a person who is not even trying to understand you. He's just being rude. He's not your friend.

5. Gera-Kun

Thanks with agreeing. yeah, he knew since May....BEFORE my b-day...well, i can't forgive him anymore...this has happened alot and he passed the line with the choice thing... (hence, when he asked why i suddenly turned gay) he's a real ass...

6. Tom

Tom Guest

all im gona say is hes a total arse, i think uve dun the right thing in blocking him. if you had the same friend groups and tht make it awkward for him by tellin them what hes done, mabe if he sees how they react to what hes done it could change his mind or atleast make him see how much of an arse he is.

or just let me talk 2 him, i can b persuasive lol. iom not supporting violence in anyway here well kinda not

7. Gera-Kun

No. I simply cannot forgive him anymore. it's been happening for MONTHS and i've told him many times how i feel. It's just simply over....and we have basically the same friends....everyone else has been supper great....he's the only one who's out of it....

8. Tom

Tom Guest

well then get friends 2 hate him for how hes acted, if he wants 2 be bitchy with u then u mite aswell respond in the same way but dont go 2 far, always turns out ugly

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually had to read that two or three times to get how insulting that was. I think telling someone they don't have the right to call you by a nickname that friends use is actually probably one of the most cruel things people can do... it's one of those ultimate slaps in the face.

I dunno if this will help but I just always end up thinking people with that kind of deep-seated issue with being gay are simply afraid of their own gay feelings. There was a thread to that effect a few weeks ago here (which I thought was rather hilarious because it was presented as this big novel idea when I really wanted to post "uh yeah it's totally interesting, right, but it's been around as a theory longer than some of you have been alive"). Anyway, truly... your former friend is acting incredibly stupidly to you and that is so not even ok.

That being said, I wouldn't try to deliberately get your mutual friends to exclude him... I mean hopefully they will/do just on the basis of knowing what's going down between the two of you but trying to engender that kind of thing is simply bad karma. People dislike who they dislike and trying to change their minds one way or the other is not a productive use of your energy.

However--and I'm totally laughing at my evil self right now--you could start a rumour that the reason this guy has such an issue with you being gay is that he came on to you and you turned him down flat. :lol: I think I watch too many soap operas or something. Or sitcoms. Or teen drama. I dunno but that seems a little melodramatically over the top to me. But fun to think about. What can I say? I'm :icon_twis

I'm grasping at straws here because really, there isn't much to say in nasty cases like this: it just sucks all around and the best you can do is hope that one day he wakes up, smells the coffee, and realises what a complete and total ass he's been and that he's cost himself a good friend because of his bigotry.

In the meantime, console yourself by calling him a closet case in your mind. :slight_smile:

10. Sam

Sam

What an ass! seriously though I wouldn't have anything to do with him if I were you he obviously isn't a friend to you.

11. Gera-Kun

OMFG! Now he's like nothing happened! The NERVE of the guy! He says he was just playing...I've told him many times that i don't like that...and now he knows he passed the line...now i'm kinda curious on what he says next time i see him online! :icon_twis

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ermm... wats wiv the normal human thing???

13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

It sounds like your friend is bipolar. Lol! JK. I think you should give yourself (and him) some time off from the friendship. He needs to make some changes in his personality and adapt or else he could be like that indefinitely toward you. If he refuses to get with the times and learn to accept something that's rapidly gaining more and more popular acceptance (in the movies, tv shows, books, and especially real life), then let the snowballing social revolution roll right over his stupid tail and engulf him. :wink:

14. TeeBe

I am glad that you came to the "I can't forgive him any more" conclusion on your own, because I hate suggesting it to people. But really...Someties, there are people with issues that will ust bring you down. I had to get rid of a best friend and confidant because of that. AND THEN she started spreading evil rumors about me (alright, not really rumors, cause it was true, but I would deny it under oath...) I hate the "female (no offense, but it's true) way of fighting behind people's backs, and spreading rumors. Boo.

I honestly wouldn't bother trying to stay friends with him, regardless of how good a friend he has been in the past. When people have been raised to be hateful towards gays, they never change. Ever.

15. That sucks GK, what a jerk.

16. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm going to keep it simple; screw him. Who cares what he thinks, he's obviously too immature for you.