1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting: Good Idea vs. Bad Idea

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blankpaper, Jun 16, 2010.

1. blankpaper

Okay so there's this girl in my high school who is a bit younger than me but probably the coolest person I've ever met. She's so interesting and, most importantly in this case, open. I am 70% sure she is bisexual and I would definitely not feel uncomfortable confirming with her because she is so chill. I'm not saying I want a relationship but I really just want to try things, see if I like it and all that. But I don't know if it would be a good idea or a bad idea to pursue this girl for that purpose. First off, I suck at being all relationship-y. And second I wouldn't want to make things weird between us. But on the other hand she is pretty awesome and I'm so freaking tired of sitting here twiddling my thumbs hoping an opportunity will come along. Would it be wrong to go after this girl? Thanks in advance.

2. theJosephDean

Take it from someone who sat and twiddled his thumbs throughout high school - opportunities aren't going to come unless you seek them out. If you really are fairly certain that she is bisexual (and not just "it's the current fad" type, either), then go for it. And I don't mean just throw yourself at her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If she turns you down, don't -let- it be weird. Just tell her that it's okay, that you don't mind, and move on. At least you know.

Also keep in mind that since she is a little younger, she might not have fully accepted herself yet. Not that young people haven't, lol, but just saying that it's a possibility. So if she does turn you down, it might be because she just isn't comfortable with it yet. She might come back around.

Usually, when we have these kinds of scenarios run through our heads, we'd be surprised at how often the other person reciprocates the feeling. You only get through life once :]

3. chained butterfly

Yes. People can be quite suprising sometimes