1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-first kiss advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mugwump

Hi guys,

I'm pretty excited about a girl... I have posted about her before. I met her recently, and we just worked nicely. We went out for dinner this week, and it was great! I was a bit worried that when she said she was too busy to meet up this weekend it meant she wasn't interested, but I have since decided it was a legitimate excuse. She seems keen to talk to me (e.g. initiating chats on facebook) and seems concerned about what sort of impression she is giving me.

Anyway, 2 things: Firstly, I have never kissed anyone before! Now, I'm really hoping that something (i.e. a kiss) happens soon so that at least things are a bit clearer in terms of where we stand. Secondly, although I am a very shy and uncertain person, for some reason I feel with this girl I have kind of taken the leading/confident role. This is partially because of how concerned about my opinions of her she seemed, and also because she is not that experienced in the 'gay community'. She has had one gf before, whereas I've had none, but then I think I'm a little more out and sure in the community.

Soooo.... having rambled on about the background info, WHAT DO I DO?! I mean, I am waiting for her to initiate a kiss because I don't know how and I'm too scared. But I'm scared that maybe she is also waiting for me. Also, HOW THE HELL DO YOU KISS SOMEONE?! Is this something that just happens, or do you need practice? Also, how do you know if/when it's the right time to kiss, or how do you know if the other person wants to?

Fingers crossed I get my first kiss before I turn 24 in 3 weeks.

#1 Mugwump, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. kettleoffish

Don't worry about it. You're over thinking things.

Kissing is something that just kinda happens, it's intuitive. If you're unsure just sort of copy what they're doing, it really isn't difficult. There's nothing to it, just dive in!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know exactly how you feel and I certainly felt the same way. Everybody used to tell me not to worry about it and just to relax but that is certainly easier said than done. My advise, not that it is neccessarily the best so hopefully some other people will respond as well. But I would say try not to plan everything to the last detail (which is something I like to try and do) but just generally when it feels appropriate work towards it. So I dont know where you are at exactly like whether or not you have held hands, but I would just when the opportunities arise sit really close to her or give her a hug and then hold her hand or touch her leg and then she how she responds if its positive then the chances are she is waiting for a kiss too. So then maybe when you are saying goodbye or something kiss her on the cheek.

4. Mugwump

Aaaaah, so there are all these secret little steps that occur BEFORE kissing!! I never would have thought of touching her leg! The idea of holding hands is exciting, I'd prefer to do that than kiss anyway.

5. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    I don't relay see there being a perfect way to kiss, I'm certainly not the most experienced kisser. but as said although it may feel awkward at first. The best thing you can do is just let what happens, happen. Part of kissing is about being slightly spontaneous so don't over plan and try to relax, although I understand it's easier said than done.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol you sound like me a few years ago.

the only rules you need to remeber is
    1. breathe or die. Breathe out your nose, don't hold your breathe.
    2. let her to do the kissing if your really that nervious, you can lean in to let her know you want it, but let her do the kissing.
    3. Relax! no one likes to kiss tense lips

7. paco

paco Guest

qft. i was always nervous about kissing..and i don't feel like i know what i'm doing. actually most of the time i kinda wonder how it works and isn't weird and i try to imagine technique but i never can figure it out, but when the occasion comes up, stuff just happens..and i've been told it's good, so my guess is just do what comes naturally.