1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my sister.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Sep 10, 2007.

1. hoping

I really want to come out to my sister but every time i go to say something i cant get the words out. so has anyone got any advice on the right words to use?

2. SpikySpice

I think you should come out by letters, just a thought cuz it'll be easier than spekaing face to face, even you got the right words to say in your head, you'll forget them.

But if you wanna talk face to face, dont look at her eyes if too nervous, and just go ahead and tell her who you are and tell her you love her and all kinds of emotiona stuffs since she is a female

You can jot down on a piece of paer when suddenly an idea come to your head

3. How old is your sister first of all?

4. hoping

my sister is 17

5. Oh ok. I would agree with Spiky then, if you find you're tripping over your tongue try writing it down.

6. Sam

Sam

I agree a letter is really a good way to come out if you find it hard to actually talk to somebody. In a letter you can say more meaningful things that you normally couldn't make yourself say too.

7. DJ Sweetz

Yeah, like what everyone else said, coming out with a letter is a good way to come out if you have a hard time getting the words out of your mouth. That's how I came out to my sister.

8. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was faced with the same dilemma till last night, so this is how I came about it.
    Well, my sister is also 17, but she's pregnant and so she walks for excercise. I walked with her and just came out with it. These are the words I said, "Hey (sister's name here), there's something I want to tell you but dont tell mom or dad ok?" she said yes and I said "Ok, well I dont know if you might've already guessed it but i'm Gay..." she smiled with a *that's it?* sort of smile and she told me that it didnt matter. Just tell her next time you two are doing something away from the family if that's the case.

You might have already come out as of this writing, and if you did then this will save me making a thread. :wink:

9. TeeBe

I was lucky. My sister is 17 as well, and although she speaks rather derogitorily of gays ("that's so gay", stupid things are "lesbian", the f** word, etc.) she was completely cool with it. She kind of found out by accident *cough*. I was driving her and a couple of my friends somewhere and they kept talking about how they had to find me a girl...Without realizing that I wasn't out to my sister...

10. surfrboykai

brah, come out when yer ready. it kinda sounds like yer tryin to force it. you'll be able to say it in due time. also, and this is like, totally just my opinion on it, but i think you should do it in person. not through a letter. no through an email. not through a voicemail. not trough a text. but be a man and sit her down, one on one, and tell her

11. aussie paul

hey man, I think i's go to be natural, like when your both talking about relationships 'n stuff. So, like part of a conversation, not the main 'forced' focus. get what I mean? Perhaps a letter would help you organise your thoughts, but then give it to her face to face and let her sit and read it herself quietly. You may say that you have a letter for her because you find it difficult to just say want you want to say. So, I've got two ideas. A natural convo, or a letter face to face. My wife strongly suggests the natural convo idea. Then again, you may just want to come out with it! Good luck. Let's know how it goes.
    I'd like to come out to my sister too, and look at my age! Paul

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i find it really hard to tell any one but when i told peter my best friend the other week i didnt sort of even mean to say any thing. i wasnt really even thinking and it just came out