1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird offer from friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 4 seat, Jun 21, 2010.

1. 4 seat

While hanging out with my friends this weekend my best friend Tony said something kinda weird.

He had told me awhile ago, even before I was out to him, that his cousin is gay. He lives on the East coast and I've never met him. Tony said that a couple of days ago, his cousin was in town and while looking on facebook, they started talking about Tony's friends.

Tony said his cousin's kind of a slut and he drunkenly told me that if I wanted to, I could def hook up with him, but then he said that I could do better lol. His cousin doesn't know I'm gay, but to me it's no big if he does anymore. I'm not gonna hook up with him, but damn I'm lonely and I want that first kiss with a guy.

I was a little curious, and Tony showed me a couple pictures of his cousin. Tony's very handsome, his cousin......not bad, but the creepy thing is, you can def tell they're related. That's weird, I don't wanna do anything with Tony.

Any advice? And has anyone hooked up with their friend's relative? I'm just curious how it ended. It sounds like a bad idea to me.

2. mart83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's never happened to me, but my first instinct is that it's a bad idea. I think it's one thing if your friend wanted to set you up because he thought you were compatible or because you should genuinely get to know each other. But I think that only awkward drama can come of this situation. I'd stay away.

3. Zumbro

Talk to your friend.

"Hey, you remember that time when you said I could totally get with your cousin if I wanted to? 'Cause I kinda want to, but only if you're ok with it"

4. RaRa

I'm with mart on this one. If you wanted to just hookup you could have done that already from some online hookup site or something, granted it would be safer with your best friends cousin but whatever, it still wouldn't be "special" if you did it with this guy, and I think you want it to be.

Even though it wouldn't be likely what if you somehow develop a crush on this guy? Once he ships himself back off to the other side of the country it would be disastrous.

Gotta think of all the possibilities you know. :| It's still up to you though!

5. TroubledRyan

uhmmm I know you want your first kiss, but its better with someone you really like :slight_smile:.
    Soooo if you wanted, you can get to know the guy ^.^...just what I think.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like a good idea to me, frankly. While I don't necessarily think you should wait for "the true love of your life" to kiss with, just taking anyone to kiss with isn't the right way to go either.

As you say yourself, it might be awkward if he looks like your friend. Plus, your friend thinks you could do better. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of a family member...

Also, locking lips with a stranger is technically a kiss, but if he's off to the east coast again (or worse, if he is indeed somewhat slutty, off to the next guy to kiss) the next day, it wouldn't exactly help with the lonelyness.

Of course, that doesn't mean you can't meet him and hang out, if that's in the books. There's nothing wrong with getting to know mre gay people. Just don't go in with a hidden (or not-so-hidden) goal of "get first kiss!"

7. Goethe

sounds like a bad idea. like mentioned before, you should talk to your friend again because when people are drunk they say things that they might regret later. but i believe that your first kiss should be left for someone you truly like and not someone you were somehow set up with who looks like your friend you would never want to do anything with. a kiss or hook up with him will be pointless as he probably won't be there the next day if he is slutty or goes back to the east coast. you'll end up lonely once again.

8. paco

paco Guest

uhh, well i have a friend who hooked up with his best friend's girlfriend's cousin, we were all tight except the cousin who we just met that night, and not only that but he lost his virginity to her lol. he gave me a play-by-play the when i woke up the next morning, it was the funniest story ever.

anyway, that turned out ok. i think he felt a little awkward about it for a little bit, but nothing too bad. although the cousins didn't really look alike. i say if you think you'll be able to joke with him about it later, then why not?

9. D_Alejandro

Just know that he's a slut (according to what you're saying) so he will think nothing of it. To him, you will just be another piece of flesh.

:/

However, if you want to experiment, go for it. Be safe!!

10. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say you just go out with the guy just as friends with no intentions and then if things go that direction, then you can both have some fun, if not, at least you had a good time.

11. chrisg

I think Taylor's got the right idea. Go out for coffee or something and see what happens. If he's a nice guy and seems genuinely interested in you, then... a little fun can't hurt :wink:. If it's safe, of course. And only as far as you want to go. You know the drill!

12. booby

do it with him but dont kiss him ^.-

and get to know him , you could like him

maybe tell him that this is your first time and you want it to be special :slight_smile:

13. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

I would think the opposite ... only kiss/ makeout...i would not DO IT with him...since he is a slut there is a good chance hes been around the block a few times...he might have HIV/AIDS and not know it...

FURTHERMORE...THE WHOLE IDEA SOUNDS BAD...DONT EVEN MEET THIS GUY PLZ!!!

14. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah ... definitely don't, especially since he probably has STIs. The fact that he looks very similar to your friend, which would be awkward, is another good reason. You don't want it to affect your friendship.

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's quite the statement to make, especially since you don't know the guy in person and you are going by someone's statement about someone else. :wink:

Anyways....

As others have mentioned, it is a really bad idea. Glad you have realized that. :slight_smile:

16. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True ... a drunk statement, at that. XD

17. stevie

i agree with most of these posts, doesnt sound like a good idea. nothing wrong with meeting him if u have no other motives.

18. 4 seat

Yeah, seemed like a good idea for half a second, but I think that's just me being eager. You guys are prob right, thanks for the input. I haven't even met the dude, but I don't think I would do anything with him if I did.

19. hairdye

4seat,

i don't know you, but i feel close to you. don't demote yourself to your first kiss being experimental. I love telling people my first kiss with a guy was as romantic as being under a full moon on the end of the pier. yours should be just as special. you deserve it.

<3 Stevie

20. 4 seat

Aw, thanks man. And you prob feel close to me, cuz you are close to me- Orange County :icon_wink lol. I know what you mean. It shouldn't be a "I'll do this to get it over with" sort of thing. Thanks for the vote of confidence.